Harsh Storm

Virgil sat in his usual place on the steps as Logan and Roman continued to bicker, they had been at each other for days, to the point that Thomas had called them, along with the moral side and himself to try and sort through the situation. To be honest, he had no idea what had the two so riled up, then again, he hadn't really had the time to pay that close of attention to the arguing duo.

He had been focused on more important matters as of late; rain had been lashing at the apartment for days, and what had been forecasted as a tropical storm had turned into a category three hurricane before it had even hit the coast line. Now Thomas and everyone else in the surrounding area were completely cut off by the intense weather. Anxiety had been working overtime since the prediction had changed; in trying to keep the others safe, while also doing his best to keep their host calm in case the situation became dire.

He'd tried to instill some sort of escape plan into their host's mind, but it seemed that the others weren't as concerned, and merely wanted to focus on their petty disputes, and why would they care; it wasn't their job to worry. Despite that, it was clear that being stuck in the house was beginning to take its toll on the traits; all of them, with the exception of Patton, had become increasingly sharp with one another and quicker to anger. Overall, he felt bad for his cheery counterpart, who had all but become the moderator of even the smallest debates, to keep them from developing into something similar to what the logical and fanciful aspects were doing now.

Shifting his focus, the darker facet was attempting to pay attention to the topic at hand, instead of the howling wind and rolling thunder outside. "Being stuck indoors, don't you think it would be of most use for Thomas to work on more important things, rather than be permitted to dream his life away?" Logan adjusted his tie at the end of his statement.

"I didn't know that coming up with ideas for videos counted as 'dreaming his life away!'" The Prince mimicked the tone of the side he was fighting against, "besides, what do you suggest he do instead? The internet is down and the power has been flickering, so it's not like he can really get much else done!"

The factual persona rolled his eyes, "there are plenty of tasks that need to be done, honestly, look around, this place is a mess."

Thomas didn't look too pleased with the most recent comment, and Morality was simply uncomfortable with the disagreement. The two silent characters shared a knowing glance; this was the exact kind of argument that Virgil used to have with Roman, but with them both being so up in arms; there was nothing anyone else could do to calm them down until the dispute had run its course.

A sharp crack of lightning outside caused them to jump, the lights blinked out for a moment before coming back to life, and jarred them all into a stunned quiet. The bolt had been closer than any of the others, and it seemed now that the traits who had previously been ignoring the real issue, were now coming to terms with just how serious it was. That realization clearly had a profound effect on their host, seeing as he suddenly didn't seem to care at all about the bickering, instead training his eyes on the window in the kitchen.

The feeling of panic crashed over him like a tsunami, the fear of the others was causing Thomas to become more uneasy by the second. Shifting his gaze, Virgil glared at the others, as a warning of what they were doing. Logan and Roman caught on quickly, but Patton was focused on the blinds behind him, perhaps it wasn't the best idea to have him standing so close to one of the doors. While the online personality was still distracted, the youngest emotion slowly stood and walked past Princey to his friend.

Placing his hand on his shoulder, the eldest whipped around to face him. Keeping his voice low, so as not to alert their host, he spoke to the terrified facet, "you need to get away from the door. Come over here and sit on the stairs with me." Without giving him a chance to protest, Anxiety began to guide him away from the threshold and back to where he usually resided.