HEARTBREAKING NEWS

I feel warm and happy with them surrounding me. I tuck my head into Ryan's chest but as I start to lay against him I see Ian behind us. His walk is slow putting distance between us. I can't let him felt guilty I forgive him he shouldn't be angry with himself.

I struggle to get down until they stop and Ryan gently lets me down feet first. I look from them to Ian and back to the small group that surrounds me. They understand without words what I want to do.

I run to Ian slowing down right before I slam into him. He stops, finally looking up from the floor, and I offer my hand for him to take.

He takes a moment to studies me then his long time friends that stand behind me. His eyes lose some of the sorrow he holds.

The lines between the four boys are more visible now that we are away from the strong light of the sun. They are thicker than before the green of jealousy is still there, only the tiniest bit though, but the brighter colors of joy, trust, and loyalty are more detectable.

Finally, my hand is taken into his calloused hand his long, thin fingers interlace mine. I pull at him so he follows without letting go.

"Hi ho hi ho, its of to the wardrobe we go!" I sing as I walk past my boys. I am really starting to appreciate the word 'my' a lot more now.

The trip down the stair and through the mansion is uneventful. Thank goodness for that because the art of the wall is amazing and I want to look at all of it. I'm not watching where I am going but thanks to Ian who is still hold my hand I don't run in to anyone. Not that I would notice the people walk past us.

I feel a tug to my arm halting my movements. They stopped at a door, which they walk right into the room behind it.

Ah, the famous wardrobe room. The room is spacious. One side is nothing but levels and rows of racks that hold all different manners of dress. A section of the room has shoes and then another section has screens that someone can dress behind without putting themselves on display for the whole room. Seth, Rhys, and Ryan head straight to different rows, the clothes all look like the same type though so it must be different sizes.

Scanning the racks for clothes that will fit me I come up empty as I reach the last rack of the rows.

"There's nothing here for me." the statement comes out softly but Ian still hears me.

"We were not expecting anyone to join us for a little longer but for right now we can borrow something from one of the girls of a another team." He brings our hands up to his face almost to hips lips before dropping them back down.

"I'll go find her something while you get ready." Seth says as he walks up dressed in white button down and black slacks sockless and shoeless.

I giggle staring at his bare feet. His toes wiggle as he looks down at them too.

"Come on, you can help me pick the right shoes. I have to be a server so they have to be just right." His arm goes around my shoulders and I am pulled to his row of shoes.

The others are still shuffling around trying to get dressed for our, that so much fun to say, mission. I sit on the bench in front of the shelves filled with shoes looking on as Seth finds the right footwear and Ryan and Rhys come over to find theirs.

They talk and tell jokes that I don't get but I sit and soak in the affection that they clearly have for one another. I am so wrapped up in their banter that I did not that Ian left until he was back.

He had on the same white shirt and black slacks as the others, but with his short chocolate brown hair, compared to Seth's golden yellow hair that in its normal state is at a number of angles, he looks cleaner more upper class than a server should. On his arm is a white hanging bag and as he holds it up to the light a shadow forms inside revealing a dress.

"I kind of guessed at your size and if it doesn't fit let me know but ..."

"What he means to say is he thinks you will look amazing in it." Ryan finishes for him.

Heat floods my face and rushes to make the butterflies dance again. The others give their agreements silently with either a nod or just a smile and a dance-inducing look. I want to cover my face with my hands and disappear but I let out a giggle that is almost a squeal. The idea of dress up combined with the knowledge I get to spy on people while embracing my powers is halting.

I take a step back mentally. I am getting ready for a mission with them. The boys surrounding me have powers. I am now attending a school full of people like me, people with powers. My mom attended this same school when she was my age. My Uncle Byron also is here as a Professor and an alumni of the school too. I left my house this morning in an expensive car that the school owns. My dad left a note for me this morning. Three days ago I discovered something different about myself.

Three days ago, on my sixteenth birthday.

I turned sixteen three days ago. Three day from my birthday my mom passed away.

That's why my Dad went in early today to distract himself from the memories of my mom's death.

I run, trying to hold the tears back, past Ian without saying anything to them.

I want to go home and talk to my dad tell him how much I need him and make up for the past year's distance between the two of us. To console him and for him to console me.

I make it to the foyer before I hear the pounding of feet against the stones. Uncle Byron is coming out of the Headmaster's office as I turn that direction. The Headmaster is right behind him he can get the driver from earlier to take me home.

"Headmaster" I call to get his attention. The tears flooding my eyes can no longer be concealed. They flow freely down my face. I distantly hear the footsteps stop.

His expression when he looks at me is devastating, but quickly changes to panic when he sees me. Uncle and the Headmaster communicate without words concern written on his face.

A sharp snap rings through my mind sending me to the floor on bent knees holding my head and crying out loudly. I babble nonsense, hardly understandable through my hard sobs and broken breaking.

Minutes pass without me being able to move. Multiple people surround me but I take no notice of them.

More time passes before the meaning of the broken connection processes The only person I have that strong of a connection with is my father. My father.

NO. No no no. He can't be, not today, not now.

The look on the leader of my new school face registers. He knew something happen. I look at him plead with my eyes that I am wrong. I get no such relief.

"I'm sorry Ms. Stonehill."

My head touches the cool stones under me. The colder temperature against my heated skin does little to calm me. The events of the day overwhelm me and I soon feel or hear no more. The peace of numb nothingness surrounds and comforts me.