One.

Chapter One – Do you ever behave?!

It was a particularly warm day, and warm days meant playing in the garden, flying, getting dirty and exploring. At least it should have been. One young man in particular had decided that rather than playing in the garden with his siblings and cousins, he would take advantage of the empty manor and explore without getting in trouble. Now, this particular young man was known for many things, his hankering for mischief, his ability to make anyone smile, his jokes and pranks and his extremely large family! But he was mostly known as the son of the chosen one, and James Sirius Potter was sick of being compared to his father! He loved his father, of course he did. But James' father wasn't just some hero that saved the world. He was a hero that soothed his nightmares as a young boy, a hero that healed and comforted every bump, bruise and scrape James managed to cause himself, and everyone knew that was a lot! He may have saved the world, but to James, his father was simply just Harry Potter.

On this particularly warm day, while his younger brother, sister, and cousins were outside playing Quidditch and exploring the stream under the supervision of his Godbrother Teddy Lupin and eldest cousin Victoire, he and his cousin Fred Weasley were exploring the only forbidden room in the manor. You see, Harry Potter was head of the Auror department at the Ministry, meaning he brought home quite a few dangerous but mysterious items. Items that James and Fred were determined to find. Climbing the staircase to the 3rd floor of the house, James had a mischievous but determined look upon his face. As they reached the top, they stood still, side by side, looking down at the last room at the end of the hall. The room also known as Harry's office.

"Are you sure your Dad brought some new stuff home?" Fred questioned his cousin, keeping his voice barely above a whisper.

"Positive!" James grinned. "He came home yesterday with a big bag and ran straight upstairs."

"There better be something decent in there." Fred said, rolling his eyes at James.

"Fred my boy, have I ever let you down?" James smirked.

"I guess not. Let's go before someone finds us." Fred said, urging his cousin forward.

They both knew they would be in serious trouble if they were caught trying to enter Harry's office and so they moved as quickly and quietly as they could manage. James reached for the door handle slowly, only to pause as a loud alarm sounded throughout the house.

"James! Make it stop!" Fred hissed, turning back to look behind him.

"I can't, I don't know how!" James panicked. He pulled out his wand and tried to silence the alarm but it was no use. The siren only got louder.

"JAMES SIRIUS POTTER!" Teddy's voice boomed up the staircase. Teddy, followed by Victoire reached the top of the stairs with red faces. Teddy silenced the alarm with a quick wave of his wand and walked up to the boys.

"What do you think you're playing at? You know you're not supposed to go into your Dad's office! It's kept locked for a reason!" Teddy scolded the younger boy.

"How did you turn off the alarm?!" James ignored Teddy to ask his own question.

"Your Dad put the alarm on to warn him, or us, when someone under age tries to break in. Only someone of age can stop it once it's gone off." Teddy sighed. "Do you really think he'd leave it unprotected with the likes of you here?"

"Come on, outside you two." Victoire gently pushed them towards the stairs and the four of them slowly descended to the ground floor and headed outside to join the others.

"Ha! You got caught again!" A small girl with long, shiny red hair jeered at the two sulking boys.

"Shut up, Pipsqueak!" James glared at his sister.