The Finest Assassin

Start from the beginning

Understood. We still aren't getting any readings, so proceed.

After inching his way forward a few steps, Keith relaxed and lowered his gun, walking normally, but continuing to check over his shoulders. After getting halfway there, he was positive of what it was and stopped to place a frustrated hand on his hip, "Shiro, is this an assassin's game?"

No one else was assigned to Mr. Tailour. What are you seeing right now?

Keith tossed his gun on his shoulder and hurried forward lazily, "I've got a body in the second-floor hallway." A man in a black suit lied on the ground, his legs leaked into the hallway. Keith kicked his shoe, "It's definitely a servant."

A servant? Let me check some things. Proceed with caution.

Keith looked up to the man's head and gasped, "Oh my god."

What is it?

The man was unidentifiable. Remnants of his skull and brain were splattered on the floor and blood soaked the carpet. "His head exploded."

There was a chuckle from Shiro on the other end, What?!

Keith slowly raised his eyes to the rest of the hallway that held the servant's top half. He stared in disbelief with furrowed brows.

Keith?! What's going on?

"Shiro..." Keith lowered his voice and inched into the bloody hallway. "Shiro, they're all dead. Every person in this mansion."

The hallway was littered with bodies of various deaths. Some had slices in their throats; others had their brains splattered on the walls; and others clutched their chest, covered in the blood of their coworkers. Something is definitely wrong.

Keith quickened his pace down the hallway, checking every name tag and face for his target. "Shiro, someone was here."

Abort the mission! Now!

Keith ignored him and followed the trial of bodies to the end of the hall, then turned right. He entered a small room with no windows and a poker table in the middle and a bar on the far wall. Four bodies surrounded the table and three reached to a corner of the room. Among the bodies on the floor was none other than Mr. Tailour.

Keith dropped his gun, "Shit. Shiro he's-"

A rustle in the corner of bodies caused Keith to quickly draw his gun and point it towards the noise. Huddled in the corner was a body, hugging their knees and covering their head. Their body shook as if they were cold. Or scared.

Shiro called out, Keith! What's happening?

Keith slowly lowered his gun and leaned toward the shivering body, "Hey, who are you?"

The person jumped at his voice and held up their palms in defense. "Please don't come near me!" It was a guy, and his voice was shaky and desperate, but sweet like honey.

Keith ignored Shiro's calls and walked toward the boy, "Hey, look at me!"

The boy slowly turned his head away from the wall, revealing his frightened, dark eyes. He raised his hands slightly at the sight of Keith's gun.

Keith cocked his head to the side and brought a hand to his hip, "Where's the people that killed them?" He motioned his head to the bodies around the poker table.

The boy looked at the men, then back up at Keith and shook his head.

Keith was starting to get irritated. He hated working with people like that. He audibly sighed, "Listen, I need you to-"

Keith! You're going to have company soon!

"Company?" He finally answered Shiro, "What's their E.T.A?"

Umm...maybe seven minutes.

"Shit!" He ran his gloved fingers through his hair, "I've got a guy here, he's spooked. Possibly a hostage."

Shiro groaned in thought, Ugh, just take him with you and get out of there!

"Take him?" Keith let out an irritated voice, "That's not my job!"

Just get the fuck out of there! Take the boy!

Keith turned his body in frustration,  "Damn it!" He stared at the boy for a moment, then stomped over to yank his arm. He pulled him up, to his resistance.

The boy pulled his arm out of Keith's grasp and covered his face with his hands.

"Damn it! I don't have time for this shit!" Keith wrapped his gun strap around his neck and bent down to grab the boy's legs.

Keith lifted him up and threw him over his shoulder and headed for the door, "Shiro! I'm coming out! Bring the car!"

Keith called out to the struggling boy, "Looks like you're coming with me, Princess!"