Part 41

Klaus headed to Bonnie's house with a clear aim - to kill her. He knew that Elena would never forgive him for that, but he also knew that this sneaky little witch would stand in their way if he didn't get rid of her. And he wasn't going to let that happen.
It was obvious to him that he needed to give Bonnie one hell of a motivation to invite him in, which is why he attacked Matt Donovan on the way, he knocked him out and dragged him to Bonnie's. He rang the bell at her door, and when she opened it with a frightened face, he just smiled.
'Invite me in and I will leave your typical American blondie alone.'
'How am I supposed to trust you? You're a monster!' Bonnie yelled at him.
'I don't give a damn about him,' answered Klaus. 'I'm cool with killing him, but I'm equally cool with leaving him alive. I've come for you, and if I get you, I'll spare his life.'

Bonnie gulped.
'So what, do we have a deal?' grinned Klaus.
'Yes,' agreed Bonnie, as it was in her nature to sacrifice herself for others. 'Just swear that you'll let him go.'
Klaus rolled his eyes. 'As if that mattered. You'll be dead anyway. But as you wish, I swear.'
Bonnie nodded with a sigh. 'OK. Then come in.'
Klaus entered her house with a victorious smile. 'Well done, Bonnie,' he complimented her. 'Wise decision.'
He put Matt on the sofa in the living room and then he stood face to face with Bonnie, whose heart rate sped up.
'Go ahead. Kill me,' she said, straight-faced.
'First, break the curse you've put on Elena and me,' Klaus ordered her.
'That's not a curse. I've just refreshed her memory, that's all. What she feels now is true love based on real memories.'
'No,' Klaus shook his head vigorously. 'Nothing about it is real. Because in reality, she loves me!'
'Are you so sure about that?'
'Of course!'
'You're pathetic,' she breathed out. 'You've believed a bare illusion. She will never love you. Her heart will always belong to Stefan. By turning her into a vampire, you've only given her a chance to really love him forever.'
'That's not true!' shouted Klaus.
'You think?'
'I'm gonna kill you!'
'Then do it already! But don't forget that you'll only give Elena yet another reason to leave you and get back with Stefan!' she reminded him viciously.
Klaus was staring at her with anger and then he panted: 'I'll let you live if you do something about that. If you take the spell back. If you make her love only me!'
'Love is stronger than magic. Magic can only work with true love. If you really want her to love you so much, you have to deserve it. And I guarantee you that killing me is not a good start.'
Klaus burnt her with his look and then he simply hissed furiously, he turned around and walked away. 
Is it possible that Bonnie was right? If there is no spell that would sire Elena to him for good... Then there really is no other option than to be the person she can love.
For the first time in his life, Klaus was facing a task which he wasn't so sure he could handle.