Part 22

Elena looked at Klaus in disbelief and said: 'I don't want to have a drink with you. I want to go home.' She turned at Stefan. 'Take me home... please.' 
'Sure, let's go.' Stefan put his arm around her waist and lead her out of the bar.
'As if you could escape from me. Hide from me,' said Klaus.
'Ignore him,' whispered Stefan to Elena but she shook her head.
'No. Stefan, wait.' She went to Klaus, stood right in front of him, took a deep breath and started saying everything that was on her mind in that moment. 'I don't know how you could ever think I'd want to be with you. I didn't let you change me because of you. I did it so I could be with Stefan. Forever.' Then she turned around and along with Stefan she left Mystic Grill.

Klaus watched the woman of his life leave... and he was alone again, like so many times before in that thousand years. And he had been so sure his plan couldn't fail. Bloody Stelena and their pure love that overcomes everything.
Tears appeared in his eyes and he wasn't able to stop them. He emptied all three glasses he had ordered and smashed every single one afterwards. He was furious, but above all he was heartbroken. And that was a dangerous combination, especially when accompanied by losing his own dignity.
He promised to himself he wouldn't let Stefan get away with this and he started plotting his revenge. But he had to be sly about it, so as to end up with Elena on his side. He wasn't going to give her up.