Part 33

Bonnie arrived as soon as possible. It took less than ten minutes and she was already ringing the doorbell at the Salvatores. Damon went to get the door.
'Hello, Bonnie,' he greeted her with a strained smile.
'Save the manners,' she snapped at him and she brushed by him inside. 'So what's going on with Elena? Where is she?'
'Hmm...' growled Damon. 'We've kind of locked her up in a cell downstairs.'
Bonnie's eyes popped out. 'She was so uncontrollable? How many people has she killed?'
'No, Bonnie,' Stefan interfered, while Damon helped himself at the bar. 'That's not the reason. It's about Klaus.'

'Of course, it's about Klaus,' nodded Bonnie angrily and she gave Damon drinking bourbon a disgusted look. 'He's the one who's caused all this.'
'But you don't know everything yet, Bonnie,' sighed Stefan. 'She's in love with him... and he's in love with her.'
'No!' squealled Bonnie in shock.
'I don't get it either, finally something we can agree on,' said Damon, and he raised his glass in a toast.
'OK, but what do you wanna do? Do you have a plan?'
Damon and Stefan exchanged a look and Damon shrugged discreetly in order to let Stefan know that it was up to him to talk. Stefan said: 'For now we need to keep them apart. We'll take care of Elena and we wanted to ask you to take care of Klaus...'
'Sure. Because that's super easy,' grumbled Bonnie.
'Please? It's for Elena's sake. There must be a spell that would prevent him from entering this house...'
'I'll see what I can do,' Bonnie promised. 'I'll do what I can to help Elena.'
'And that's exactly what we were all hoping for,' smiled Damon, which was rewarded by another outraged look from Bonnie.