Part 39

In the Mikaelson mansion, Klaus and Elena were joyfully making love again. Klaus's hot lips were pressed against Elena's neck and she was enjoying the blissful feeling it was bringing to her. Then suddenly, there was a total eclipse in front of her eyes and she was swallowed by a whirl of something she couldn't exactly define, but she was completely shaken. She swiftly breathed out. Klaus immediately straightened up and turned Elena's face towards him. 'What happened?' he blurted out.
'I have to... I have to go see Stefan,' she murmured, she jumped on her feet and started gathering her stuff from the sofa and getting dressed.
Klaus used his vampire speed to get up so as to hold her. 'Stefan? Why?'
'I... I have to see him. I have to tell him that...' She was putting on her underwear in a rush. 
'Tell him what?' insisted Klaus, he firmly grabbed her wrist and prevented her from finishing the process of getting dressed.
Elena squirmed. 'I can't tell you, I...' She looked away from Klaus's eyes.
'Tell me, or I'll compell you.'
'Where has our trust gone?'
'Well, excuse me, but if you start talking about Stefan and RUNNING to him right when we're in the middle of having the best sex ever, I do have the right to know the reason, don't I?' Klaus was angry. In that moment, Elena saw the true monster in him again. It was hidden behind a mask of a perfect lover. She wriggled and her urge to run to Stefan only intensified. She attempted to get out of Klaus's firm grip, but obviously, she didn't succeed.
'Let me go, Klaus, please,' she asked him.
'Your puppy eyes don't work on me, Elena, I'm not Stefan,' he snapped at her and he pulled her closer. 'I will get what I want.' He looked deep into her eyes and he ordered her: 'Tell me what you want to tell Stefan.'
'That I love him,' answered Elena obediently.
At first, Klaus got scared, then mad and in the end, a tear of pure grief dropped out of his eye. Is it possible that she never stopped loving Stefan? Is it really possible that their love is eternal? Despite everything Klaus has given up for her?
'Go take a shower and then go to bed, you're staying here today,' he ordered her. Elena took the rest of her stuff and went to the bathroom like a tame lamb.
Klaus furiously threw a bottle of whisky into the fireplace. How could this happen, what has he done wrong?
He promised himself that he would fix this and that he would make Elena his forever, even if that meant ridding the Earth of Stefan Salvatore for good.