Part 35

Klaus took a couple of blood bags from the freezer and handed them to Elena through the bars; she immediately started drinking it with thirst. Meanwhile, Damon and Stefan ran downstairs to prevent Klaus from taking Elena away. But they had almost zero chance against him. Klaus easily pressed both of them to the wall and held each of them with one hand, crushing their neck. 'You tried to rip my heart out by separating me from Elena. Now I have the right to rip your heart out. Just a bit more literally,' the corners of his lips moved up a little.
'Nooooo!' Elena yelled from the cell. 'Klaus, please, leave them alone. They just wanted to protect me.'
'It seems that protecting you is in their nature,' muttered Klaus and he let them go with annoyance. 'You do know that they can cause a lot of inconveniences, right.'
'I guarantee they won't. Just don't hurt them.'
'If that's your wish,' shrugged Klaus indifferently. 'If they don't play good, I can always get rid of them later.' He turned his head to the Salvatore brothers. 'And now, give me the key.'
Damon swiftly shook his head, but Stefan took the key out of his back pocket and put it in Klaus's open hand. Klaus smiled a bit and he unlocked the cell. Elena rushed out and fell into his arms. 'Thank you for the rescue!'

'You're welcome, princess.'
'So HE is your knight in the shining armour?' asked Damon mockingly. Stefan gave him a look which made it clear that he had to stop provoking Klaus immediately.
Nevertheless, Klaus ignored Damon and took Elena away. She looked over her shoulder and from her lips covered in blood, there slipped a silent: 'I'm sorry.'
And she really was. A little. Deep down, she knew that Stefan and Damon had tried to help her. And that the old Elena would have let them help her. And that her relationship with Klaus was going to hurt everyone a lot. But she couldn't compose herself. Her love for Klaus was stronger than she was and in this moment, she could do nothing but give in to it.