4; She Loves Control

Start from the beginning

"You're the only one who smokes in the house apart from Tevez who I know is out right now, so..."

I didn't say anything in response as she stood up, her hands brushing dirt from the back of her as she walked up to me. Just like I'd noticed from Giovanni, she seemed to be dressed for a high class event despite sitting in the dirt against a tree.

A short white dress stopped at the top of her thighs, the heels on her feet and her bare legs making me feel cold for her as she touched my arm gaining my attention.

"You know, being blindsided isn't the worst thing," she told me, her fingers distracting as I puffed out smoke from my mouth, purposely in front of her where (to my surprise) she didn't flinch.

"I don't like people who keep secrets," I told her bluntly, her touch ceasing as she raised an eyebrow at me teasingly. The smile that curved her lips pissed me off and I went to say something but was cut off when she opened her mouth.

"Deal with it," she said simply, the mischievous look on her face not going unnoticed as she stepped a few steps away from me, my eyes scanning over her body before they met her face when she turned around, holding the Rolex that was supposed to be on my wrist on the tips of her fingers. "Pay attention next time."

I caught it when she threw it towards me, my offense clearly not registering with my head when a  slight laugh that left my lips, surprising me as I shook my head and slipped my watch back on.

Dio, this girl was something else.

~

A R I A

"So, you basically have full control over everybody in this house?"

I looked up from following the Latin words of the book I was reading, my eyes landing on Ellie, Bradley's girlfriend, as she sat across the counter from me in the kitchen.

I slowly nodded, smiling politely as I went back to reading my book whilst popping a grape into my mouth.

"You're like mafia royalty right?"

I licked my lips, sighing and bookmarking my book as I looked up to Vera who was sitting next to Ellie, the both of them looking at me intently.

"Five minutes," I started, warming up slightly to the thought of friends as they looked at each other and back to me. "Ask whatever you want."

"What are you hiding?"

I turned at Lucien's voice, rolling my eyes as he walked over to the fridge and opened a bottle of water.

"I'm not answering that," I told him whilst tilting my book in a defying point to him. "Plus, what I said was only aimed at Vera and Ellie."

He inhaled a deep breath, my head turning back to the girls across from me as they spoke.

"Have you ever killed someone?"

"Yes," I answered simply, popping another grape into my mouth.

"How many people?" Vera asked, both their eyes a little wide which made me laugh.

"Lost count," I said simply, seeing Lucien stop walking in my peripheral vision.

"When was your first kill?"

"Eight years old."

"Eight?!" Ellie blurted out loudly, Vera choking on the sip she was taking.

"What, how, when, what was happening?"

"Suddenly five minutes is up and I'm deaf," I smiled, grabbing my book and bowl of grapes as I turned around only to walk into a hard chest.