Chapter 34

BLAKELY'S POV

(One day; twenty hours)

It's eight o'clock by the time we reach my old dorm. I haven't been there since Kris's funeral. It just doesn't feel right. Almost everything is packed up in boxes, either mine or Kris's things.

I walk into my old bedroom, memories flooding back. I remember the first day Kris and I moved in here.

"Blakely! Can you help me with this box?" Kris called from somewhere within our new home.

"Yeah! Be out in a sec!" I tossed my duffel and suitcase on my bed. This was my freshman year at the University of West London to study music. Kris was my best friend back in America, and we always use to say we were going to go to college together in London; here we are.

I walked out of my new bedroom just to hear a knock at the door. Kris and I looked at eachother with wide eyes and ran towards the door. My long legs got me there first. Opening the door, I saw a shaggy brunette standing there.

"You dropped this box on your way up here," he explained in a very thick British accent. "I live in the next dorm over with my mate Michael, so if you ever need anything you know where to find us. 316 is our dorm number."

I smiled. "Thanks. I'm Blakely," I said, putting my hand out for him to shake.

"Louis." He shook my hand.

"And I'm Kris," Kris said from behind me, waving sarcastically. Louis laughed and waved.

"Well I better go. See you around campus?"

"Yeah," Kris and I both said with smiles.

Louis left and I turned around towards Kris who had returned to unpacking boxes. I grabbed a pillow from the box beside me and hurled it at Kris's head.

"What the-?! What was that for?" Kris screamed.

"He was so in to you!" I explained, quite loudly if I might add.

She laughed and threw the pillow back at me. I rolled my eyes. "Whatever."

Now that was nothing but a memory. Kris and I would never playfully argue again. We would never do anything again.

"I'll be right out in the hallway when you're done," Matthew's voice snaps me out of my thoughts. I nod as I begin to grab clothes out of my closet and dresser.

So many clothes that I've borrowed from Kris. Everything that was hers, I lie in one of her boxes then I come across her favorite floral top that I borrowed a week before she....

I sniff as a tear rolls down my cheek. Usually Kris and I would be on the couch watching The Hunger Games or Mean Girls. Then Louis would walk in and I would roll my eyes at some remark he would make. Kris would smile and hug him as I would walk out the door to leave them to theirselves. But I'd walk over to Luke and Ashton's dorm to hang out with them.

But those days will never come around again.

I keep the floral shirt as my last reminder of Kris. Stuffing other clothes into my bag (including Michael's Batman shirt), tears freely roll down my cheek.

Then a thought comes to mind. Kris had a safe. I throw down my bag and run to her old room to see if it's still there.

And on top of the safe is a note. I gasp and unfold it quickly. And there, in delicate handwriting, I saw Kris again. In the way her A's were squiggly and in the way her K's were tiny.

"Blakely. Somehow I always knew I would die young. Remember my senior quote? 'Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow.' Never forget that Blakely. Don't worry though. That's immortality my darling."

And then something told me I really shouldn't worry, that things weren't as bad as they seemed. And I could've sworn that Kris was standing there. Right next to me.

A/N: I FEEL LIKE GOD. LIKE IM NOT GOD BUT IT'S FUNNY BC I COULD BREAK ALL YOUR HEARTS IN AN INSTANT WITH THIS STORY.

THANK YOU ALL. SO SHOUTOUT TO ALL MY READERS.

And I really want to know who some of my readers are! Like guys I want to talk to you bc we're all fangirls and that would be a great conversation

But heh. You have no idea what happens and I do

VOTE AND COMMENT. and a follow would be cool too. Just saying :)