Chapter 3

I slide my key into the lock of my dorm room and turn. I try to forget about Josh and Luke and try to focus on my new friend, Niall. He seems like a very... nice guy.

"So... Do you want to tell me why you were crying now?" he asks hopefully.

I nod and begin to tell him about Josh starting with last night's events and end with the incident at the coffee shop. I briefly mention Luke, not wanting to draw attention to that. By the end of my "story" I'm crying again. Niall probably thinks I'm weak now. I curse myself under my breath, but Niall immediately wraps his arms around me at the sight of my tears. It's actually quite comforting right now, so we stay like that for a while. The smell of his cologne overpowers my senses as he pulls me closer, if that's even possible.

I don't know why, but I want to stay like this forever. But we pull apart and his blue eyes seem darker as they stare deeply into mine. That's when I notice that the space between us is closing rapidly again. His hands instantly go around the middle of my back as my hands rest on his chest. Niall's lips come crushing down onto mine.

The kiss starts off rough but then becomes softer and gentle, like he's afraid he will break me. I can't help but want the fire back, so I push his back down onto the couch so that I am above him. Niall looks at me and raises his eyebrows. I laugh as we both just lay like that for a while with his arms held protectively around me and my head lying on his chest.

"Get a room," exclaims Louis as he and Kris walk into the dorm.

.************.

NIALL'S P.O.V.

Blakely is just so beautiful. Her brown hair has just faint traces of blonde in it. And her eyes are amazing. I could get trapped in them forever. They are a kind of light blue color with little specks of green around the outline. They literally sparkled in the sunlight. And her smile. That smile could brighten anyone's day in a heartbeat.

I don't know who this Josh is, but he doesn't even deserve to walk after what he did to Blakely. I'll get him back. I swear it. But right now we begin to play twenty questions.

"What's your favorite color," I ask Blakely.

"Um... Green,"she informs me.

"Really? Mine too." I smile "So is Blakely your real name?"

"No. It's really Alexis, but I grew out of that my freshman year and started going by my middle name."

That's a beautiful name.

"What?" Blakely questions. Did I say that out loud?

"Nothing," I say automatically.

"Well.. Um... Do you have any 'talents'?" She asks, putting air quotes around talents.

"Well, I, um.."

"Out with it, Horan."

"I play guitar and sing..." I mumble under my breath. "What about you?"

"I can play piano and sing a little...." She trails off as if she's said too much.

"Really? Play something for me!"

"No!" She says instantly.

"Awwuh. C'mon. I'll play something for you on the guitar if you play the piano for me," I offer as I cross my fingers behind my back. She sits there contemplating, so I poke my bottom lip out in a pout to bribe her.

She giggles. "One verse," she informs me holding up one finger. I nod as we both make our way over to the piano. "Good thing Louis and Kris went into Kris's room." She says nervously.

"Quit stalling, Alexis." She huffs as I use her real name, but she sits down. Blakely closes her eyes and begins to play. After a measure or two she begins to sing as well... It's the most beautiful thing I've ever heard in my life.

By the time I was your age, I'd give anything

Too fall in love truly was all I could think

I realize that she's singing Terrible Things by Mayday Parade and start to song along with her.

That's when I met your mother, the girl of my dreams

She looks at me with a surprised expression, but I just sit down beside her and cup her cheek as we sing together.

The most beautiful woman that I'd ever seen

She said,"Boy can I tell you a wonderful thing?

I can't help but notice you're staring at me

I know I shouldn't say this, but I really believe

I can tell by your eyes that you're in love with me."

Now son, I'm only telling you this because life

Can do terrible things

I lean in to kiss Blakely again, but a knock at the door interrupts. I grunt as she gets up to answer the door, but I stay where I am.

BLAKELY'S P.O.V.

I had no idea Niall could sing, but I hear him grunt as I get up to answer the door. I smile at our brief exchange, but it quickly disappears as I open the door to see...

Luke in a tux with roses and a sheepish smile plastered on his face showing that beautiful dimple.

Well this is just great.