Chapter 30

LUKE'S POV

(One day; twenty-three hours)

I decide to stop by the bar downtown. I've been here plenty of times, but I've never been alone.

I order a drink from the lady behind the counter. She keeps poking out her chest showing her cleavage, but I don't pay any attention to her.

"Anything else?" she asks, leaning over the bar to show her entire chest.

I smile and lean over. "A new bartender would be lovely." She gasps and looks at me disgusted but goes to get my drink.

After a minute or two she comes back with my drink. I down half of it quickly. Just as I'm about to finish it a hand comes down on my shoulder. I turn around and grab the hand. "What the crap man?!" I say. Then I notice it's just Ashton, making me sigh in relief.

"Mate, what are you doing? Why are you here?" Ashton asks, shaking his head.

I rub my face with my hand and finish my drink. The lady, whom I've come to know as Alice, brings me another drink. I nod to her in thanks.

"Blakely has to go back to America," I say.

Ashton sighs as he sits down next to me. "So she told you already?"

"What do you mean? Did you know? Are you freaking kidding me?!" I exclaim loudly, throwing my hands up in the air, attracting a lot of stares.

"Luke, I think we should finish this conversation elsewhere."

"No!" I order another drink from Alice. "Anything else you want to tell me while we're saying things Luke has no idea about?"

"Luke. You seriously need to leave before things get out of hand."

I'm completely ticked off by now. It may be the alcohol speaking, but I'm about to flip.

ASHTON'S POV

"Actually Ashton. I think you are the one who needs to leave. I came here to get my mind off some things and you are just making it worse. And we both know how I get when I'm mad. Much less drunk AND mad."

Sighing I walk out of the bar. I turn around the corner so Luke won't see me. Pulling out my phone, I dial Blakely's number.

"Hello?"

"Blakely. It's Ashton."

"Oh. Okay. What's going on? Is Luke there? Is he okay?"

I smile. "Calm down, but... um. I think you should come down here."

"Is everything okay? Where are you?"

"Um. Well. Just come down to Jerry's bar."

I can hear her curse under her breathe. "Okay. I'll be there soon."

I hang up and walk into the bar. Luke has had about five or six drinks by now. He's flirting with the lady behind the bar.

"Luke. What are you doing?"

He rolls his eyes. "God, Ashton. Just leave already. You're ruining all the fun." He turns back around and smiles at.... Alice.

"Yeah. You're ruining all the fun," Alice adds. She trails her finger up Luke's face.

I didn't think Luke would ever stoop that low, even if he was drunk. Alice has short, curly, red hair and has hideous tattoos.

Blakely, hurry up.

Somehow I'm going to have to stall Luke so he doesn't do anything stupid.

God.

"Luke. I..uh."

What am I suppose to say?!

"I kissed Blakely."