Chapter 31

LUKE'S POV

(One day; twenty-two hours)

"Ashton. Why would you do that?!" I lose my temper and slam Ashton up against the wall. He grabs my wrists.

"Luke I really didn-." But then his face lights up. "Actually I did. You should have seen the way her face lit up. And guess what?"

"Ashton. Shut up. Now," I say through gritted teeth.

"No. But guess what?" He leans forward and whispers in my ear. "She kissed back."

I lose it. I slam Ashton up against the wall. Just as I'm about to hit him Alice comes over and says,"Lukey. If you hit him then I'll have to call the cops. You don't want that do you? Now c'mon. Let's go back to the bar and get you another drink. Okay?"

I'm shaking because of Ashton's past confession, but I have to ask one more question. "When did you kiss her?"

He smirks. "The night before last."

Rage burns throughout my entire body. "Luke. Don't." It's Alice.

I nod and go back to the bar. I order another drink with my fists clenched. Drinking it quickly, I come up with a new idea.

Fight fire with fire.

When Alice comes back and asks for another drink, I lean forward to kiss her. Right when our lips touch, the door opens. I don't care.

BLAKELY'S POV

The harsh London weather blows against my face. I have no idea what could be so important that Ashton would want me to go to Jerry's so urgently.

I hug my sweatshirt closer to my body as I open the door to the bar. What I see makes my eyes start to water. First of all, Ashton stands against the wall, his eyes completely out of focus which worries me.

But what I see next makes my heart stop in my chest. It tightens as a tear falls from my eye.

Luke sits at the bar kissing a woman behind it. My mouth drops open, and my eyes widen. Out of all the things he could've done while angry, I never thought he would've done this.

"Luke stop!" Ashton says before he even notices me. "We didn't kiss! I was just saying that so that you'd be mad at me and not kiss the stupid bartender! You idiot!"

Ashton walks forward and punches Luke in the jaw. "You know Blakely loves you. You know she would never do anything like that. You know she would never do what you are doing right now. She loves you."

"She did," I say through sobs. Then they both acknowledge my existence for the first time since I arrived.

Luke's eyes go huge, and Ashton looks at me with apologizing eyes.

"What.. what do you mean?" Luke asks, teary eyed.

"You know what I mean," I reply through clenched teeth. "Ashton will you please take me home." He nods.

Luke runs over to me and takes me by my shoulders. "Blakely please. Please say you still love me. I love you. I always will. Please. Please don't leave." He hugs me tightly.

"Well I don't," I reply as I shove him off of me.

He looks down at me teary eyed. His 6'4 frame towers over my 5'5 one. He grabs my hands and presses his forehead against mine. "Please don't leave me," he whispers.

"Too late," I reply.

"Come on, Blakely. Let's go," Ashton says. He puts his hand on the small of my back and guides me out of the bar.

"What happened to second chances?" Luke calls from behind us.

I stop in my tracks before turning around. "You're all out of those."

Then Ashton and I walk out of the bar, leaving a teary eyes Luke behind us.