Chapter 29

LUKE'S POV

(Two days)

What? Since when did this happen? No one has even told me everything that happened a few weeks ago, and I just get this dumped on me?!

"What?!" I shout, rising out of my seat.

"Luke calm down," Blakely says, grabbing my arm gently. Usually that would calm me down but enough is enough.

I jerk my arm out of her grip. "No! First of all, you guys won't even tell me why you were at Jason's in the first place! Second, you just tell me that you have to go back to America?! How long have you freaking known?"

Her eyes travel down to the floor and she mutters a response that I barely hear. But I still hear it. "A month."

"A month? A whole month?! Wow! Anything else you want to tell me while we're lying things on the table?" I exclaim sarcastically as I throw my hands up in the air, turning around.

I place my head in my hands, shaking my head. She walks up behind me and wraps her arms around my waist. I hear a stifled sob as she mutters her response, but it's muffled by my clothes. I turn around and cup her cheeks in my hands. "Please just tell me."

A tear escapes her eye, and I wipe it away with my thumb. I press my forehead against hers and close my eyes.

"I leave in two days."

My heart skips a beat in my chest. "What?"

She sighs. "I have two days left in London. Then I have to leave. I'm sorry," she sobs as she hugs me tighter.

"Shhh. Babe it's okay. Okay? I still love you. That will never change. Never. I just can't believe I'm going to lose you." I kiss her head and hold her closer. I recall my words the first time I went over to Blakely's dorm and Niall was there. I said "I refuse to lose you again."

The irony in our life is inevitable.

My temper starts to rise again. I don't want to take it out on Blakely, so I tell her I'll be back soon even though I have no idea when I'll be back. She nods.

I turn around to walk out the door, but Blakely touches my arm. "Are you mad? Are you gonna leave? Like really leave? I've had too many people wa-," but I cut her off by gently pressing my lips to hers and wrapping my arms around her.

When I pull back I brush a piece of hair back behind her ear. "I would never walk out on you. I love you and you know that. I just need to think okay? And if I get a little hotheaded, I don't want to take you out in the crossfire."

And with that I turn around to grab my keys and go to clear my head.

.************.

ASHTON'S POV

Liza and I walk hand-in-hand down the busy London street. We aren't really dating but... I don't know. I guess we are. Maybe we should talk about it. Not now though.

Maybe now.

"We need to talk," we say at the same time. "Okay, you first," we both reply. Liza smiles, her eyes crinkling at the sides.

"You go first."

She nods. "So what is this that's going on between us?"

I sigh. "That's what I was wondering."

She opens her mouth to say something but stops, her eyes locked on something behind me.

"What's he doing?" I turn around to see Luke standing outside of a bar with his head in his hands.

"I don't know. Stay here." Then I think again. "On second thought, come on." There are some creeps around here.

By the time we cross the street, Luke has already entered the bar. He is sitting down at the bar with a single drink in front of him. Half of it is gone already.

It takes a lot to actually get Luke drunk, so I tell Liza to go ahead and go to the car that I will have him out there in a second.

Here we go.