The Hunters Paradise

Dean Winchester

My head was reeling, I couldn't think clearly, my thoughts just kept being drawn back to what Percy had told us, and what he wasn't telling us.

The tattoo was strange, it was a trident with a single line under it, but what I was more curious about what the scars. Scars littered Percy's tan skin, I had noticed them earlier but now they were more noticeable. The deeper ones that were on his forearms and shoulders, the light ones that looked as if they had just been scrapes that he picked at the scab. Still, I knew Sam was thinking the same as I was. What had Percy been through?

"Percy, what happened? In all those years where were you, and what were you doing?" Sam asked for the both of us. Percy bit his lip, and looked down at Annabeth who was still asleep in the seat.

"I was either on quests or at Camp. I had nowhere else to go, but during the school time Chiron found a lady who let me stay with her while I was able to be in school." A far away look had taken over Percy's eyes, before they came crashing back. "The quests were long and hard and only seems to get more difficult." Percy grumbled about this, he seemed irritated.

"Quests? What kind of quests?" I asked Percy sighed deeply.

"Fine, I'll tell you, but you aren't going to like it. You have to promise me you will not try to get wrapped up in my business with the gods. Understood?" I scowled, I did not want to agree to that. It means that stuff happened to the point where Percy is scared that me and Sam will try to go after it...that only made me angrier that I hadn't been there that night when Percy needed me.

"Okay, agreed. Now what happened?" Sam seemed more determined for answers, while I was determined to kill anything that hurt my little brother. Sam gave me an urging look, I only scowled harder before I rolled my eyes.

"Alright, fine, now what the hell happened, kid?" I glanced back in the mirror at Percy, his eyes seemed to be glowing in the dim lighting, even as headlights passed they just seemed to get brighter.

"Here we go, this will be long and confusing..." after that Percy started to explain how he was accused of stealing Zeus lightning bolt, how he sneaked out to quest for the golden fleece, how he sneaked out on the quest with the Hunters of Artemis to stop Atlas and Kronos, and how he lead the war to stop Kronos from taking over Olympus. While I was more on the level of trying to understand, Sam was busily asking questions. To which Percy answered, he didn't seem to have any problem answering the questions. After Sam finished with his questions, Percy started again with his stories. He started off by telling us how he and Annabeth started dating before a goddess named Hera took him, wiped his memory and dropped him in a place where he had no idea who he was. Only for him to find a new camp with these roman demigods. Percy went on to explain how he and six others became the seven demigods in the prophecy. He told us about how him and Annabeth fell into Tartarus (Which after he told a us just a little bit about it-he did not want to talk about it-, I knew it was hell.) Percy told us everything.

When he finished telling us all that happened we sat there in a stunned silence. Annabeth seemed to be starting to wake up, but she was still asleep when I asked Percy about Tartarus. "Percy...is Tartarus hell?" He seemed to stiffen and look at us with worried eyes.

"No, its worse. I've been to the underworld with Hades, I've even talked to Hades, but Tartarus was worse...so much worse." Percy shivered and crossed his arms around himself. I decided to not ask about it, I didn't want to reopen the wound.

"We are here. " Sam said awkwardly as we pulled up to the bunker, Percy shook Annabeth awake. She rubbed her eyes, while keeping her head resting on Percy's shoulder.

I could only think about how close they the two are because of all they had been through. I know how much I trust Sam because of what we've done, but those two? Literally having to escape hell together while nearly dying every day. I didn't want to think about it to much. I pushed the thought away, and instead turned to go open the bunker door. 

As I pushed open the door, I could hear Sam talking to Annabeth. She seemed like a book geek just from how she was talking. That was when I felt someone slide up next to me, I looked to my left to see Percy. It was hard to imagine that scared little kid I remember as this strong, confident man. It was hard; I just wish I could have been there for him. Could have been there to help him with the monsters he had to face everyday just because Sam and I had the brilliant idea to send him away. Now, I was no better than Dad. I shivered at the thought as I pushed the door open. 

As we walked in I could hear Percy's breath catch, I knew he would like the place. When we first moved in, Sam and I saved a room for Percy. 

"Yeah, its pretty great isn't it?" I smiled as I lead Percy down into the main library area. He nodded in awe as he then began to wander away. I chuckled at him, then I watched as Annabeth began running her fingers down the spines of the books.

"This place is amazing...so much knowledge just sitting here for the taking...would you mind?" I knew what she meant, she pointed at the books and I knew she was asking if she could read them. I nodded, she practically squealed. That was when Percy returned, a worried look on his face as he heard Annabeth squeal. His expression visually relaxed when he saw that she was okay. This only further made me understand how much he truly loved her. 

Sam grabbed my arm, he pulled me away and began to whisper to me, "Can you believe this? He is really back." our eyes both looked to our little brother who was sitting in a chair with Annabeth on his lap as she appeared to be avidly explain a book to him. It was only then did I remember Percy had dyslexia. 

"With a girlfriend." I added with a nod of approval, Sam rolled his eyes before he also nodded. 

"It just seems so unreal, after however many years we searched, he just suddenly shows up." Sam shook his head, I could tell how excited and happy he was. I was too. It was truly a miracle. I was starting to lose hope that we would ever find him. 

"I know, don't question it. We don't get wins often, lets just enjoy this one. I'm just glad he came back... alive." I cracked open a beer can, Sam smiled as we watched Percy and Annabeth smile and laugh. 

-Hello again! I apologize for the wait! I was really busy at school and didn't have the time nor energy to get this chapter finished and published.-

-I'll see you in the next chapter!-

-BYE-