The Darker Side 7

Yan Da whimpered as her head moved from side to side. She was having a nightmare.

Fire. Everything was burning. She could hear some breathing heavily. Whoever it was that person was severely injured. The door then was then opened harshly.

"Li Luo!" a familiar voice called out.

"Ka Suo!" Yan Da heard herself utter. She then felt herself being pulled out.

Yan Da gasped as she sat up, eyes wide open. What was that!? Why was she dreaming as Li Luo? She frowned. Memories? Was it because she decided to carry the child?

She massaged her temple. It was still dark. Most likely 10:00 in the evening. Knowing that she wouldn't easily go back to sleep, she got up and left the cave. Fresh air would help calm her fast beating heart.

She smiled. The scene in front of her was beautiful as ever. Fireflies were dancing around her. The night flowers were in full bloom. She caressed her belly. All of a sudden she's craving.

She then felt her belly pulsed. She chuckled. "I know. I want some cherry blossoms too. Sadly, the one we want only grows in the ice kingdom."

Suddenly, a bright glow enveloped the tree behind them. Yan Da looked at it in surprise. The previously dead tree was now brimming with cherry blossom petals.

"A gift." A familiar voice then said.

"I didn't know that you're allowed to do this." Yan Da stated, picking some of the flowers and eating it.

"Only simple things like this," the unveil told her. A thick white then appeared too, falling directly on Yan Da's hands.

"Another gift?" She asked, looking at the cloak. Silently, wondering why it was given to her.

"Yes." The unveil said before she felt its presence disappeared. Did she imagine it or was it teasing her?

She shrugged and continued eating. When her craving was satiated, she put the cloak on. Might as well use it, she thought.

~~~

The viewers watched in amazement as the fire princess face turned red when she wore the clock. She was blushing. "That stupid little..." they heard her mutter but there's no doubt from her face that she was pleased.

What was it? Why was she so red? They asked quietly. Curious. Especially when they heard it, the fast beating of her heart.

~~~

Yan Da couldn't help the blush that graced her face when the scent of the cloak hit her. How could she? It was the scent of her loved one after all. That devious crystal. She then settled herself below the tree. She closed her eyes, burying her face deeper into it.

Not long she was deep asleep. The familiar and comforting scent lulled her to sleep.

~~~

Loved one!? Subconsciously, most eyes went to Ka Suo. Then back at the screen when they heard it zap. All of a sudden the screen turned dark and when it came back up. They could see Yan Da in a battle field.

~~~

Yan Da stared at the scene in front of her in shock. Bodies were everywhere. She saw some people fighting from afar. Silently, she went near them.

It was Ka Suo. He was breathing harshly and it looked like he was about to fall apart.

"Watch out!" Yan Da warned him when she saw the opponent launched an attack.

"He can't hear you." a voice then said from behind her.

"Xing Jiu?"

The king of dreams smiled. " It's good to finally met you, Princess Yan Da. We've been waiting."

"How?" Yan Da asked, looking at him. "Xing Gui told me that you were captured."

"Not in the world of dreams." Xing Jiu answered, focusing his gaze on the fight in front of them. "I came here to warn you."

"About what?"

Xing Jiu nodded towards the fight. Yan Da followed his gaze then. Only to feel her heart shatter when she saw the opponent that Ka Suo was fighting.

"Ying Kong Shi!?"