The True King 12

Yan Da gently caressed little Shi's cheek. A small smile on her lips. He was deep asleep on her lap. He refused to be taken away from her. Even now, when he's sleeping his hands were tightly clasped on her dress. She chuckled, kissing him gently on the forehead. "Sorry for worrying you."

"He really likes you." Li Luo commented, sitting down in front of the two. "Most of the time he didn't like being with strangers. He even bit one of our guests when he tried to hold him."

Yan Da stifled a laugh. "Why am I not surprised? He's very shy." She remembered the times when she was with Yun Fei. He avoided most people.

Li Luo nodded. "Yan Da?"

Yan Da looked at her, sensing her hesitation. "What is it?"

The queen bit her lip, sighing she met the other's gaze. "Can I ask you something personal?"

"Of course."

"When I was dressing you... I saw the mark on your shoulder..." Li Luo started. She was about to continue when she caught the other's pained smile.

"S- sorry... it's okay if you wouldn't tell me." She quickly retracted.

Yan Da shook her head. "It's fine. The mark doesn't mean anything anyway."

"What do you mean?" Li Luo asked, confused. That mark meant a lot. It means that you're bonded to that person. Soul and body. A deep connection with the person you have chosen to spend your life with for eternity.

"Because he doesn't know that he marked me," Yan Da answered. "and his affection lies with someone else."

Li Luo's eyes widened at that. She didn't expect that answer. "I'm sorry."

Yan Da smiled sadly, pulling the young prince close to her. "Don't be. It's no one fault. It's life after all."

~~~

Ka Suo and Li Luo's heart skipped a beat at what they heard especially Ka Suo. Was she referring to them? Did he really mark her and had forgotten?

~~~

A knock then interrupted their conversation.

"Yan Da?"

The two women laugh. Li Luo then stood up at the same time that Shuo Gang opened the door. "Oh."

The queen smiled reassuringly. "It's okay. I know that you miss each other. I'll see you later, Yan Da." Yan Da nodded.

When she was gone, Shuo Gang quickly went to Yan Da. "You're really fine, right?" He asked, studying her. He was really worried about her. There's no single day that he didn't think of her.

"I'm fine. Phoenix didn't do much until the day I challenged him and escaped."

Shuo Gang then let out a relieved sigh. "I'm glad." He said hugging her, burying his face on her shoulder. "I thought I'd lose you. I was scared."

Yan Da patted his head comfortingly. "I promised, didn't I? I would see you become king."

He smiled, hugging her tightly. He quickly let go, though, when he felt a stinging pain on his arm.

"Ying Kong Shi!" Yan Da's reprimanding voice filled the room. The young prince ignored her. His eyes were focused on Shuo Gang, glaring daggers. He bit him.

"No more hugging." Little Shi growled. Hands tightening on Yan Da.

~~~

Shuo Gang snickered, surprising a lot of people. "Possessive as ever." He said mysteriously. Shi kept quiet but if you look closer there's a small smirk on his lips.

~~~

Shuo Gang laughed, ruffling the prince's head. Quickly taking his hand back, when Shi was about to bite it again. "You sure have a strong bite. Don't worry. She's a family to me." He said getting up.

"She's all yours." He added teasingly.

"Shuo Gang!" Yan Da stated embarrassed. The fire prince gave her an innocent look. She answered it with a glare. He then grinned, deciding to leave the room before his sister toast him.

"See you two love birds later~" He finished, barely dodging the fire ball thrown at him.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

"How are you feeling?" Yan Da asked little Shi, wiping the remaining tear streak on his face.

"Better." He answered, nuzzling her palm.

"That's good." She said, kissing his forehead. "I'm sorry for worrying you." The boy's eyes soften, resting his head on her chest. Hands around her.

"Ying Kong Shi?" she stated when he didn't say anything.

Little Shi then looked up, meeting her gaze. "Your heart beat is strong. I love it that way." He told her. She smiled fondly, understanding his words. "I'll take care of myself."

"Promise?"

"Promise."