The True King 5

"Is this her?" Phoenix asked, holding Yan Da's chin. She was unconscious.

"Yes, Your Excellency."

"Is she good as a fighter?" He continued, studying Yan Da.

"Very. She was able to fight as six at the same time."

The king smirked. He heard about the woman who helped the young fire prince escape. His eyes then traced her figure, going back to her face. "A great fighter. Not to mention that she's quite beautiful. Tell the maids to take care of her and then put her into my room."

The general bowed, leaving to do what he was told.

Phoenix took a sip of the wine he was drinking. A smiled curved his lips. He had been looking for a queen for some time now. He looked far and wide but no one was good enough for him.

"But now," he said, smiling eerily. "It seems like I found the queen for me."

~~~

"Oh heck no!" some voices said among the crowd in a disgust.

Shi's forehead creased. A glare directed at the screen. Not pleased at all.

~~~

Yan Da groaned in pain. Her muscles felt like they were being pricked by big needles at the same. She sighed. Slowly, she opened her eyes.

"You're finally awake," said the man in front of her. She frowned, trying to get up. She miserably failed though. She bit her lip, burying her face on the pillow.

"If I were you, I wouldn't move yet. The injuries you got from my men were severe. I healed you but left enough so that you can't ran away."

Yan Da gave him a glare at that. So this was the infamous Phoenix. He didn't look much but I guess that's an advantage for him. "Why didn't you kill me?"

"Kill you?" Phoenix said, going near her. "Why would I do that to my chosen bride?"

"W-what!?"

He smirked. "You heard me right. I'll leave you behind now. Rest and don't even think of escaping. You won't get far."

Yan Da glared at his back, cursing fate. Why is it that she's in a situation like this AGAIN!? First with that hairy beast, Hei Feng. Now, with a wild bird.

She gritted her teeth. She needs to think of a plan. There's no Yun Fei to save her this time.

~~~

"Yun Fei?" Flame repeated, looking at his son.

Shi stiffened at that. The ones who knew kept quiet. Subtly, looking at each other and at Shi.

"Her favored servant, father." Shuo Gang answered. He never did tell him about Yun Fei and who he really is. That's his sister's business.

"And he saved her from her marriage to Hei Feng?"

Shuo Gang let out a small laugh, surprising everyone. "He was very smart."

"Where is he now?" Flame continued. He didn't saw anyone new in her daughter's troop.

The fire prince smiled then, looking at Shi in his peripheral view. "I don't know father. When Yan Da came back, he wasn't with her any longer."

"Pity," Flame said. He would have love to meet such a person who made an impression to his children.

~~~

With Shuo Gang...

"Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!" he continuously said while training with the sword that Yan Da gave him. He was in a beach near the dream tribe.

When he reached that place, he was about to leave and go back but the bird stopped him and the rulers of the said tribe.

If you really want to help her then stay here and become stronger. Yan Da risked her life for you so that you would survive. Remember your people Prince Shuo Gang and what Yan Da would want you do to.

Remember that she put her faith in you.

He gritted his teeth, knowing that they're right. He let out a frustrated scream, stopping his training.

"Are you alright?" a voice then said from the rocks. The fire prince frowned, looking for the one who said it. He blinked, surprised at what he's seeing. What's a mermaid doing in the mortal realm!?