The True King 13

Lotus watched the screen and his son's expressions carefully. She noticed it. The slight changed on his facial expressions. She kept quiet though, keeping the information to herself.

~~~

Night...

Yan Da was in the throne room with Shuo Gang and Ka Suo. "Phoenix's security is tight. His people are watching every entrance and exit in the fire kingdom. They have a routine though. However, he probably changed it when I escaped."

"He most likely would have." Ka Suo said.

"The ones we need to worry about though are his most powerful men. Hao, his general. His strength is superb. He could destroy a mountain with one punch. The second one is Sui, the cannibal. He likes to feast on immortals."

Ka Suo and Shuo Gang made a disgusted face when they heard that. How could someone eat their own kind? Seriously. That's forbidden and whoever did that wouldn't escape their gods' wrath.

Yan Da smiled grimly in understanding. She then continued. "The third one is Fiest, the only woman in their group. She looks fragile but she has a unique ability. One drop of her blood could kill anyone. She's basically poison in human form. Fourth, Kira the merciless killer. All I can say is he's a psychopath. He loves torturing his prey before killing them . Last, are the twins Lei and Chi. They're fast and they work in together."

"And Phoenix?" Shuo Gang asked eyes blazing when he remembered what the wild bird did to his family. Yan Da smiled mysteriously. "No need to worry about him. He is powerful. Maybe more than his men. But..."

"But?" Ka Suo repeated.

"Let's just say I left him a little gift." She said, smiling evilly. The two men shuddered. Thankful that she's their ally instead of an enemy.

After the meeting...

Yan Da was about to go inside her room when a hand stopped her. Looking back, she was met by Ka Suo's asking gaze. "Can we talk?"

She nodded. The two then entered her room. "What is it?"

Ka Suo didn't speak. He just moved, cornering her into the wall. Yan Da froze. He caught her off guard. "K-ka Suo?" She uttered, raising her hands up, putting a small gap between them. The king quickly put them above her head, though, with his powers.

~~~

The viewers were wide-eyed. W-what's the king doing!? Is the question that they all have in mind.

Ka Suo tried not to squirm as the fire king and Shuo Gang gave him death glares. Not to mention LiLuo's tightening hold on his hand. He's so dead. What's his other self-doing anyway!?

Shi put a nonchalant expression but his heart was slowly being consumed by jealousy and hurt.

~~~

Yan Da whimpered when the king moved his hand to her neck on her nape. Slowly, she felt his energy entered her. She gasped when it went closer to her core studying. It pulled back fast though when a crash filled the air. Ka Suo quickly let go of her. Yan Da clutched her heart, following his gaze.

She felt her heart plummet into the ground when she saw who entered the room. The young prince's eyes were wide. Broken pieces of bowl was on the ground. Petals covered the floor beautifully. "Ying Kong Shi..."

That snapped the little prince out of his trance. His eyes sharpened, glaring at his brother. "Leave." He growled, shocking Yan Da and Ka Suo.

"Shi." Ka Suo began.

"I said leave!" Shi yelled. More glass broke in the room. Seeing that he was serious, Ka Suo left. When he was gone, his eyes focused on Yan Da.

~~~

Everyone was quiet. Ka Suo looked at the screen in shock. He had never seen his brother so angry. He shivered. What was that gaze?

~~~

Yan Da avoided his intense gaze. His soft worried voice made her look at him again, though.

"Are you alright?" Little Shi asked, gently. She sighed, sitting on the bed. Shi quickly went to her, hugging her carefully. 

Yan Da smiled, returning the hug. Burying her face on his soft snow white hair, taking in his sweet scent. "I'm fine now." She whispered, holding him close. The boy moved, meeting her gaze.

"I'm sorry." He uttered. Her heart ache at that. "It's not your fault." She said.

"It is." the boy said, eyes glinting that he knew more than he let on. He kissed her cheek. "Let's sleep."

Yan Da smiled, complying. Not long she was fast asleep. Little Shi was still awake, though, watching her. His small hands cupped her face. Gently brushing her cheek.

The viewers were curious at his words and actions but what baffled and made them more curious were his next words.

"Mine. Not Ka Suo's. Not anyone's but mine."