The True King 7

Days passed, Yan Da followed her plan. She's still not allowed to leave the room unless she's with Phoenix but at least she wasn't shackled anymore and her strength is already returning. She just needs to be careful so Phoenix won't detect it and seal it again like he did before.

With Shuo Gang...

He clicked his tongue. Brows twitching in irritation. He tried to ignore it. Really. He just wanted to focus on his training but the mermaid princess was doing it difficult for him. When she fell again, he gave up. He put away his sword and went to her side.

"Give me your hands," he grunted. She looked up, giving him her hands. She was learning how to walk but she always fell straight into the ground after two or three steps.

"Slowly." He told her carefully assisting her. "I know that you want to learn it quickly but you'll hurt yourself that way. So, do it slowly. In your own pace. If it hurts, rest for a while then continue. And use the crouches if you don't want to hold into something so that you won't fall straight into the ground. You already have a lot of bruises. And why are you here anyway? I thought you were going to help the queen make some dream catchers."

"I did but... I couldn't do much." She replied, taking another step. It's easier this time because he was holding her. "... and I wanted to watch you train."

He let out a small smile. "Do you want me to teach you?"

She blinked, looking at him in surprise. "Will you!?" She asked excitedly. No one ever did offer to train her so she didn't know how to fight at all.

Shuo Gang smiled, meeting her excited gaze. "Sure but first you need to learn how to walk." She nodded. This time a lot more enthusiastic and motivated to accomplish the task.

With Yan Da...

"Well? Did you think about my proposal?" Phoenix asked, sipping on his cup full of wine.

Yan Da sipped on hers too before answering. "I've thought about it. But I can't fully answer that until..."

"Until?" the king asked, putting his cup down on the table.

"My tribe has unique ways before women in accept their suitor's proposal. Depends on what they seek in a husband; the woman decides on what tests they'll give the man. If he passed, then they'll get married. If not then there's no marriage. Another suitor will have his chance."

"Hmm... so all I have to do is pass the task that you'll give me?"

Yan Da smiled. "Yes." She stated, taking the last bite of her meal. She then stood up, going inside her room. Phoenix smirked. Whatever it is, he would win. She is unlike any woman he's ever met. She's his.

Inside the room...

Yan Da undid her ponytail. Her head hurts. It didn't dampen her good mood, though. Phoenix took her bait. Now, all she has to do is to make a full recovery.

eʛUKXf.2a