30. Happy Birthday

Minzi's POV

I foresee that today would be a brilliant day.

It's a Saturday! And weekends meant that we only have to be at the studio for half a day. I made plans for the day, and I've also reserved the glorious night for another date with Jongdae, in which he already had a place in mind. He only wouldn't tell me where.

According to him, it's a 'surprise'.

Ooooh I cannot wait!

[12.00pm]

Sitting idly in the corner of a practice room, my eyes scanned through the playlist of songs Eun Hee and I had filtered for our combined choreography class. Every piece of music was art and it was a huge dilemma trying to settle on one.

"Zi, let's go for lunch already!" Eunhee called out to me. The bubbly girl came skipping towards me as she rubbed her tummy.

"I am famished!" She added.

Keeping my mp3 aside, I nodded and pushed myself off the floor.

"And we still have business to take care of," I reminded her.

"Oh my god, I almost forgot." She gasped.

In case you're wondering what business we had, it's a business of surprising someone.

A birthday surprise... for none other than Jas!

It's her birthday today and I already had a plan in mind. All that was left was to execute it when the time comes. I had secretly informed the team about it and we were going to do a mini surprise during lunch time.

The team, as always, consists of me, Eun Hee, Bora, Min Hyuk and Bong Gi, excluding Jas this time of course.

And Aaron too. Gosh we actually all miss him.

Jas, being the naive little one, assumed that no one knew it was her special day other than me. I had wished her earlier in the morning (12 am to be exact, I am always precise about this), choosing not to feign ignorance because it might be too obvious that I was planning something.

"Let's head to MashiSeoulYo first. I've already reserved us a place. We just need to collect the cake and get some deco."

Adhering to my idea, we prepared to leave the studio until the main character fatefully stepped in on us.

"Guys, we're lunching together right?" Jasmine inquired when she noticed we were packing up.

Eun Hee and I paused in our tracks, eyeing each other with a 'WHAT SHOULD WE TELL HER!' expression. The both of us frantically sent eye signals to communicate nonverbally, but sadly, our telepathy was weak to zero.

"ERm yeah...we're only going to get something first!" I lied.

"Get what?"

"Get...ankle guard!"

"Medicine!"

The both of us responded simultaneously.

Crap, we're so close to being exposed.

I quickly turned towards Jas, begging myself to come up with a better, complete excuse.

"I'm... getting ankle guard...and she's getting medicine so we're heading to the convenience store first."

"Oh, okay, I'll come with you then."

NO JAS! Of course you can't come along!

While I struggled to find the nicest way to reject her, another person came to the rescue.