29. Tell Me You Love Me

Jas' POV

"Date me, Jas."

He sounded incredibly certain.

"Baekhyun ssi."

"Yeah?"

"What are you saying?"

For some reason, his cheeks flushed a tone pinkier. He fidgeted in his seat frowning as if he was trying to find the right words to speak.

"Erm, I mean, I want to...date you...?"

It's all a prank, right? I chuckled at the joke he was pulling on me.

"Hey, good one, you almost got me there. Almost!"

He didn't laugh along though. In fact, he maintained a serious look. I watched as he took a bold move towards me, sitting so close to me and invading my privacy bubble.

It's not only an uncomfortable state, it's highly intrusive that I began to wonder if he could hear my thoughts.

"Why do you think I'm joking? I'm  dead serious." His voice remained raspy.

Dammnn.

"B-because I know you don't like me," I stated the obvious.

"Didn't I just confess to you like...30 seconds ago?" He frowned, wondering aloud.

There was a mixture of amusement and confusion in his tone. We were staring hard at each other, trying so hard to comprehend each other's thoughts.

Am I that confusing? Because he's the one confusing me.

"Then do you always confess to people?" I blurt out without thinking twice.

He looked at me stupefied.

"I...do not."

"And you're telling me that you think you like me...?"

"Yyyyyeah?"

"And you're asking me to date you...?"

"Yeah?"

I took a long time to comprehend the situation. There is too much surprise and it's overwhelming my poor little brain.

EMERGENCY EMERGENCY!

I could feel my cheeks burning up. He's serious?

"So," I started again, "why...do you like me?"

Oh my god, if I was Baekhyun, I would have strangled me too. I can't understand my own stupidity. I obviously have poor adaptation to new, fickle situations.

But good to know, anyway. I'd like to know what made him confess to me so carelessly.

He chuckled at my question.

"What's there to not like about you?" He questioned me back.

Am I suppose to answer that? O h m y g o d.

My eyes roamed for answers in the blank spaces around us.

"Well, but do you like me?" He asked again.

"Is that even a question? You're Baekhyun! Anyone who doesn't like you is blind!"

He laughed at my sudden, loud confidence when I proudly portrayed myself as a Baekhyun fan.

"Yeah, I know you're my fan." He said pleasingly.

"Your biggest fan okay," I emphasized.

He inched closer and lifted his hand to stroke my head, smiling.