19. A Lot Like Love

[Minzi's POV]

"Let's go." He offered me a hand.

I lit a bubbly smile and took his hand, where my fingers slipped perfectly in between his. They were warm and a little rough.

It's the same as I thought it would feel like.

As we approached the exit of the building, it suddenly struck me.

"Jongdae-ssi wait! Your... mask. Put it on before you leave, or else people would recognize you..."

Every time I saw or met Jongdae in the public, he never failed to put a mask on

Every time I saw or met Jongdae in the public, he never failed to put a mask on. Though at first, it bothered me a little, however, I came to accept that such things were necessarily important into their daily lives already.

"Wait for me, min min," he spoke.

"Ö?"

"One day, I will take my mask off when we're out. One day, I will show the entire world the girl that I love and am lucky to have."

He claimed with determination.

I couldn't help but to smile. Every word he spoke today was sweet like honey!

"Come'on, let's go now." He took my hand in his again once he put on a mask.

It disappoints me when I realized how transparent the mask can still be at times. Either that, or people were just too observant to the point that they could tell who Jongdae was in a glance, even though he was masked.

Just how...?

Those who realized a girl like me was with a top star like him, all had similar reactions.

They pointed fingers, whispered and gossiped amongst themselves, some rolled their eyes and some scanned me from head to toe. It was incredibly uneasy for me. I felt judged and hated by the public.

But all I could do was accept it.

Jongdae squeezed my hand from time to time and I could understand his act of reassuring me that it's all okay. It got me wondering if this was what he had to deal with in his daily life, because it is really exhausting - trying so hard to be a normal person but everything you do ends up being watched by someone.

I stayed silent throughout the travel and followed him obediently. I initially assumed that he was going to take me home until I noticed that we were heading in the opposite direction.

Somehow, I still haven't questioned where we were going.

"I thought you'd come by car..."

I shot him a quizzical look.