Interrupting Pt.3

She was too gorgeous for his brain to comprehend and he found himself grinning one Saturday morning. Lydia was awake and had been far longer than him as it looked; her textbooks and notes spread out along the living room floor, a highlighter tucked behind her ear and she was furrowing her brows at a few bloody pictures.
"Criminology?" Stiles asked, shuffling towards her. Lydia sighed and picked up one of the photos.
"The assignment is to solve the case but I think I'm missing something." She mumbled. He sat next to her on the floor, crossing his legs, picking up one of her notebooks to begin reading. She watched from the corner of her eye and nearly smiled. It felt good to have things back to normal. Or at least as close to normal as they can get. Lydia sighed and rested her head on Stiles' shoulder. He smiled but continued to read as he spoke.

"I still like you, you know?" He mumbled and her cheeks turned pink at his words. She felt him staring and couldn't help but hide her face in her hands.
"What? Why are you staring?" She asked.
He lay back against the floor and sighed, setting her notes to the side. "Nothing. You're just so–"
"Pretty? Smart? Overall better than you in every way?" She joked but he didn't have it in him to laugh because it was true. A moment passed. But then he felt her leg slip over his hip and he raised his head just enough to see what she was doing. His breath caught in his throat because now she was sitting on his lap, on their living room floor, scattered amongst murder files and blood covered photos.
"I'm just what?" She asked.
"All of it, everything you just said."
"Shut up." Her fingers curled around the bottom of his shirt and he lifted him arms enough for her to pull it up and over his head. Her shirt followed soon after. Lydia grinned, held his cheeks in her palms as his hands fled to her waist, the lace of her bra against his bare chest so extremely aware to him. He felt all of his senses go on high alert, every slight touch or brush making him insane. She sighed as his bottom lip brushed over hers. This was it. This was what they had been waiting for. There was a second of hesitation. But then they finally melted together into a kiss and everything felt like there was nothing. Nothing but them. She could've died right then and been the happiest soul in a few centuries.

It was their first real kiss since That Night and she didn't count their kiss after she had walked in on him getting a–
"Oh my gosh!" Lydia gasped and sat up quickly sending Stiles into a panic.
"What? What is it? What–what did I do?" He sat up too but kept her on his lap, his arms wrapped around her.
She chuckled. "The case, I think I figured out how to solve it, the teenager had lacerations around his neck but there were a few around his wrists. . ." Lydia trailed off, crawling around on the ground, gathering papers to try and puzzle everything together. Stiles smiled and bit his bottom lip, watching her tuck hair behind her ears as she looked over her files. She stood and he hummed because she looked too good in just a bra and her tiny sleep shorts.

"So. . .does this mean you want to be with me?" He asked, poking her ankles with his toes.
She kept looking down at her notes on the floor. "He was tied up. . ." She muttered on about the case.
Stiles rolled his eyes. "Lydia."
"Possibly kidnapped."
"Lydiaaaa."
"Strangled -obviously- but most likely by a–"
"Babe." He called. Her breath hitched, his voice was low and scratchy and she melted at the knees. Turning around slowly to face him, with slight embarrassment at how easily that one word could kill her. He chuckled as she pattered over to him. "Babe? That's so stereotypical." He teased but she climbed back into his lap anyway.
"I like when you say it." She pecked his lips.
"Babe." He repeated
"Am I interrupting something?" Scott stood in their doorway and the two of them yelped, scrambling away from each other.

"We–we were just– we're working on this, uh–" Stiles rambled.
"This case, we're working on this murder case for my class." Lydia was frantically trying to find her top amongst all the papers.
"Uh-huh, shirtless?" Scott snickered.
Stiles rolled his eyes. "You know what, Scott? You were interrupting."
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:

I SUCK AT ENDING THINGS BUT THIS IS THE LAST PART SORRY.
Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe