Rumor Has It

*Your P.O.V.*
As you trudged to the cafeteria half hoping Poe would be there you wondered how he felt about you. He was kind of protective but there was no way he loved you. There were many better looking girls on the base and you wouldn't be surprised if he had already gotten off with a few.
"I wonder if he has a girlfriend" you murmered to yourself. You entered the cafeteria and took a look around and saw him sitting with a few of his pilot friends in the far right corner. You got some food but then realized you didn't know where to sit. You were just about to sit down at an empty table when Rose and a couple of her friends motioned you over.

"Hi, my name's y/n" You said with a smile
"We know, everybody's talking about you" a tall brunette with indigo eyes said.
"I'm Gena by the way" she added with a friendly smile.
"I'm Maya" a medium sized girl with long red hair like waves of fire said.
"And I'm Elise" a small raven haired girl with a pixie cut said.
"And of course you know Rose" Gena said.
"So um why is everybody talking about me" you asked
"Well rumor has it that you saved Poe on a mission and he fell head over heels for you" Maya said with a smile.
"So is it true?" They all asked impatiently.
"The saving part yes.....the head over heels probably not" you said with a laugh. Elise and Maya looked a little sad so you added
"Well I could be wrong but I don't think so."
"Guys" Rose interrupted.
"He's looking at you" she added. You looked over your shoulder and saw that she was right.
"Its probably nothing. Don't get excited" you said but you were starting to get butterlies in your stomach.

At the end of lunch you were all jittery and tired of trying to guess Poet's intentions and feelings and was surprised when you were walking out he motioned for you to come over.

"What do you want" you said with a tired sigh.
"You" he said. His awnser caught you off guard and you were silent as he said
"I love you y/n" and you could see in his eyes that he was serious.
"I love you" he repeated.
"I-I-I" you stuttered as you looked into his deep brown eyes and falling under his spell just like the first time you saw him.
"I love you too Dameron" you said breathlessly. He smiled and took you hands in his and smile his signature grin. As you got up together and walked out the cafeteria hand in hand.

Author's Note
Hey guys I kept my promise and there you go, there's your happy ending and romance, sorry it was a little short. Please tell me what you think. Thanks again. MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!