Chapter 15

Olivia

I winced as my brother disinfected my ear and began to wind bandages around it.

'God, I'm going to look like a freaking mummy.'

'Shut up.' My brother said, with a grin.

'You're not the one being mummified alive.'

'Im pretty sure they don't disinfect the mummies before.'

I rolled my eyes, and spotted Toby grinning at our bickering. When I looked at him, I got a sour feeling in my stomach. I know he couldn't help it, but he had almost got me killed twice, he could have got my remaining family killed, my little sister... But it wasn't his fault.

I swallowed the sour feeling, and forced out a smile.

A sharp pain shot through my ear, 'ow!' I heard myself shouting.

And then he moved. The man, lying at my feet, squirmed a bit, and opened his eyes. I froze.

'Will...' I whispered, but he had already seen it.

The man moved, and started clawing at the duct tape.

'It won't hold him for long!' Toby said, much to my dismay.

'We have to go.' Will muttered, securing my bandage.

I picked up Hay, Toby slung the backpack over his shoulder and Will ran towards the door, leading the way.

'Arghh!' I heard a murderous yell, and knew he had got the duct tape from his mouth, meaning it wouldn't be soon until he released himself.

'Run!' I screamed, and ran after Toby and Will out the house and down the path. Hay was sobbing into my shoulder, clutching my jacket. At first she had felt as light as a feather but now her weight was pulling me down I was oblivious to the rock until I tripped over it and plummeted down into the mud. I swore angrily, as Toby helped me and Hayley up. The majority of my clothes were now coated with mud, and Hayley was wailing.

'Im so muddy.' She screamed, and even though she was so small and innocent I felt anger bubbling up inside of me.

'Shut up Hayley! Geez, there's worst things in this world than mud. A good example being all the people who want to kill us.' I was fuming as I stomped forwards, and heard Will picking up and comforting Hayley.

'Come on.' I said, through gritted teeth.

Toby

I was really worried about Olivia, but when I turned around, that worry was put down the long list, and I saw the man racing up the path towards us.

Will swore, and took out the gun from his pocket.

'Go!' He said, passing Hayley to Olivia.

'No, we can't leave you.' Olivia pleaded.

'I'll be fine. I'll only have to protect myself. I'll catch you up.'

'Okay.' She looked as if she was about to leave when she looked back at her brother. 'I love you Will.'

'Love you too sis.' He smiled. 'Now go!'

We turned away and began to run up the hill, trudging hastily through the mud. Olivia stopped, breathing heavily, and turned around. We could see the two standing there, just black smudges. Olivia was watching anxiously, and suddenly there was a gunshot. One figure crumpled.

'No!' Olivia choked out, and tears began to stream down her face. The devastation was clear.

It was Will. Will was dead.