XLII

Inertia Louis

Once the whole evaluation of my assets was done I took a cab directly to Zach's apartment. Can't exactly drive my baby now can I? Did I regret it? No, not at all. Zach was worth all this. I'd give up every piece of my earnings if it meant getting Zach but I know that if I did that, he'd kill me. I couldn't wait any longer to see him. As soon as the cab dropped me, I rushed into his apartment using the spare key I had. What I saw almost tore me into pieces. A girl was sitting next to Zach on the couch and both of them were laughing together. Jealousy tore through me and I was boiling by the time Zach noticed me. 

"Inertia!" Zach exclaimed with a smile.

"Looks like now is now a good time." I said.

"Nonsense! Don't let me bother you. Plus I want to meet the legendary Inertia Louis Zach keep talking about." The girl said.

"Oh I completely forgot to introduce you guys. Inertia, meet Naina, my sister." Zach said and my mood completely changed. Of course he's not with someone else!

"Inertia, by the way what are you doing here?" Zach asked.

"You didn't see the news?" I asked.

"No." He said and I switched on the TV for him. Zach's expressions changed as fast as a cheetah from confused, to horrified, to shocked, to happy. 

"You did that for us?" He asked.

"Of course. I love you." I said.

"I love you too." He was about to kiss me when he noticed Naina and settled for a hug. I almost wanted to giggle. 

"I see the lovers have met." Naina said.

"Wait, who was blackmailing you? It's your mother isn't it?! Fuck I'm going to kill that lady. Wait what happens to your business? Who was informing on us?" Zach asked.

"Let the woman breath! Inertia ignore my brother and come sit. He's forgotten all his manners." Naina said and I chuckled and sat on the couch. 

"If you don't mind me asking, I didn't think Zach had any family. Plus you have an Indian ascent."

"Oh don't be so formal. Zach and I we go way back. I'm not his biological sister and I'm not even from here. I am in fact Indian. Zach and I we only consider ourselves brother sister since school days." Naina explained.

"Yes, she's here for a festival call Raksha Bandhan. The sister ties the brother a band (rakhi) and the brother promises to protect her. Not like this one here needs my protection, she just does it for the gifts." Zach joked.

"That's beautiful." I said awestruck. I'd never seen anything like this before. 

"Inertia you have no idea what a gem you've got here. This man is amazing. I was in the 4th grade I guess and I didn't have any brothers of male cousins. All my other Indian friends celebrated Raksha Bandhan and I sulked around. This guy here agreed to be my brother just so I would never again be alone on this occasion. He's so nice that he never mentions this to anyone. It's not the whole 'I will protect you' thing that matters, it is more about knowing that someone has your back." Naina said and her words touched my heart. I felt so proud of Zach. 

"She's just saying that because she doesn't want her gift to sulk." Zach blushed shyly.

"He never takes compliments well." I said and both Naina and I laughed. 

"Show me your band (Rakhi)." I asked Zach and he put forward his wrist. It was beautiful. The three of us chatted for a while and then it was time for Naina to leave. She said her goodbyes and then winked and Zach when looking at me and he blushed. 

"She's quite a person huh?" I smiled

"Oh this girl is the most bubbly person I've ever met. Her energy never dies down." Zach laughed.

"Zach what you did was noble. The relationship the two of you have is beautiful." I said.

"I know. I wouldn't lose her for anything. Now on a serious note, what the fuck did you do?" Zach asked.

"Okay, okay I know I sounded crazy on the TV but my plan is not so crazy. I have it all worked out and it included you and me being together forever unless of couse you want to back out." I said.

"I like the sond of forever but I want your company to be in that forever. I wouldn't be able to live with myslef if our relationship cost you your company because you and I both know that after this stunt, the BODs will vote you out." Zach said.

"I have taken care of everything." I said.

"Well care to share?" He asked.

"Okay then get ready for a long story..." And I told him everything. About my PI, about the case, about Tessa's plan, about us, everything in detail, except selling my property. He took a while to absorb all that but then, as expected he lashed out.

"What the fuck is wrong with Blake! I thought you guys were best friends! I'm going to burry that man alive! He will not live another day!" Zach growled.

"Hey, calm down. It's okay. I have him taken care of with the cases. Plus even if I wanted him dead, I'd be doing it on my own. We all know I'm the fighter in our relationship." 

"Touche." He said smiling at me. 

"Okay then how does lunch at your favourite restaurant sound?" I asked.

"Magnificient. Plus I'm really looking forward to drive you baby." Zach smirked and my smile instantly dropped... Shit. He can't know about me selling everything.

"Are you alright?" Zach asked.

"No its just that I didn't feel like driving today so I took the cab here."

"No problem, I'll drive some other time, let's take a cab." Zach said and I nodded. 

Then, after a very long time I had a very happy lunch... I hope everything stays this way. 

Author's Note
So now you guys must be wondering why I suddenly came up with the whole Indian Tradition thing especially when I'm not an Indian.... So I actually have a brother who is Indian. He's not my biological brother but we celebrate this festival together. And we met when we were in grade 3. We don't have the exact same history as mentioned in the story but we do share a very special bond. So I thought why not put it in the story? Hope you guys like it.