XXXIX

Inertia Louis
"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Said a voice entering my room.

"Who let you in?" I groaned as I woke up.

"You idiot." He said throwing a pillow in my face.

"It's 8 in morning for fuck sake!" I whinned.

"And you are fucking engaged!?" Blake yelled.

"Okay okay calm down. Lemme explain." I sighed and told him everything leaving out the part about me trying to get out of this. He can't know either. I never know with my mother. She might have an eye on him too.

"Does Zach know?"

"No."

"What? You should tell him! He'll understand if you do!" Blake said.

"No, someone has been informing on us. I can't risk it. Zach has to be safe." I said.

"Fine, how about I take you out from breakfast before we get to work?" Blake asked.

"That would be great! I'm craving delicious coffee." I groaned.

"Okay, meet me down in five." He kissed my cheek and walked out of my room.

I followed my usual routine and got dressed in formals. I groaned looking at the mess my hair were in. I quickly combed them down and pulled them back into a bun. Then I exited my room and went to the waiting area were Blake was waiting for me. He was speaking on the phone in hushed voices. As soon as he saw me he hung up. 

"You look flushed. Are you okay?" I asked.

"Peachy, just waiting for you." He smiled. Just when we were about to leave, my mother's voice boomed from above.

"Where do you think you're going?" She asked.

"Breakfast." I rooled my eyes.

"We have breakfast with Mike today. Come on in the dining room." She ordered. 

"I want to punch her I the face and then cut her body into tiny pieces and feed it to the dogs." Blake whispered to me.

"I feel you." I gave him a sad smile and he left the house while I walked to the dining room where Mike was already there. Just as we began eating, my mother started talking.

"What happened yesterday has left a mark on your relationship. You need to do something." My mother said.

"What? No. I think I answered that reporter very well." Mike revolted.

"You may have but my daughter here kept quite and the media is out there raising questions abut your relationship." 

"So what do you want us to do? Make out in public?" I rolled my eyes.

"As a matter of fact that is a good idea. I'll arrange for it." 

"What? No! I'm not doing this." I argued.

"Me neither." Mike said.

"One more word and both of you know what happens. Better get ready because today afternoon, the two of you are going out to a café and making out when you see a reporter."

"How will the reporters know we're there?" Mike asked.

"That's for me to take care of." She smirked. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The two of us entered the cafe and took the table right next to the glass because from there everyone on the outside could see us. Yeah my mother's planning is full proof. It had been only about ten minutes and I could already spot papprazis outside. Well we had to give them a show.

"Your eyes are the most beautiful thing in the world." Mike said holding my hand and I pretended to blush. His hand moved to my face and he tucked a strand of my hair back.

"Stop it l, we're in public." I said shyly.

"Oh come on."

He leaned in slightly and then so did I. He made a moved and pressed his lips onto mine. Disgusted, that's what I felt. Not because Mike was bad but because I felt guilty about Zach and because his kisses are different. This was forced... The kiss ended before it even started and I was glad for that. Looks like we did put up a show after all.

The very next day, Mike and I were the hot topic of every news and the cover of every business magazine. The whole world knew that we had kissed in public. Can you believe it? I mean how stupid can this get? I kept the magazine back on the coffee table and just then my phone pinged. It was Zach.

"Can we talk?" He texted.

"I told you we're over." I texted back. Then he called me.

"Hello?" I said picking up.

"Hi, look I'm sorry I called but I really need to know. You kissed him?"

"We're getting married, of course I did."

"Please Inertia, tell me the truth. I trust you but now knowing is killing me." He begged. I wanted to cry and tell him everything, but I knew I had to fight this battle on my own. I can't tell him.

"You know me Zach, so why do you keep asking? I answered your questions once, I'm not answering them again." I sighed hoping that he gets the hint hat I still love him.

"I have my answer, and anyway, I want you to know, I love you." He said before hanging up on me.

I clutched the phone in my hand and tears rolled down my cheeks. I hope he knows, I love him so so much. My life isn't the easiest but today, right now I know one thing for sure, even if I have to quit this whole thing for Zach, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But I know that he'd hate me if I do that. Zach would never want me to throw away my business empire for him. However, if push comes to shove, I know what I have to do, even if it means Zach not liking it...