XIII

Inertia Louis
"How's the food?" I asked.

"We're here to talk. So talk." Zach said.

"First of all Zach I don't want our personal stuff to affect my business and so stop being so cold because I haven't done anything wrong." I said and he nodded.

"Look, I don't like that way. Yes you're a nice person to hang out with but yeah that's it. The thing is you chasing me is affecting my business. I need us to stop fighting like this made be friends." I said.

"I really like you Inertia. I don't even know how it turned to suffocate you. But, I can't be friends with you. I wouldn't be able to act normally when I see Blake kiss you. Let's be only professional. You are my boss and I am your employee. I can do that."

"If that's what you wish, then I can not help it. We shall do that. Form now on this is strictly business." I stretched my hand forward.

"Business it is." He shook my hand.

I paid for the dinner and we went back to our rooms. Looks like things will finally be fine then huh? That's when I heard a knock on the door. I opened it to meet with an annoyed looking Blake. I let him in and he sat on the couch.

"I thought we were having a thing?" Blake asked.

"Yes we are." I replied.

"Then what was that with Zach. You went out with him."

"How do you know?" I asked.

"I saw you two come in together."

"Gosh this is why I don't do relationships, there is too much drama. I can handle business politics but I can't handle drama." I sighed.

"What? What are you talking about?" Blake asked.

"This, you. Do you have to jump to conclusions? I was just sorting out he grudges I have against Zach that's it. That's all it was." I said.

"Oh... Ohhhh... I'm so sorry. I thought you two timed me." Blake said.

"Yeah, I come off as rude and arrogant but trust me, I'd never do that."

"I---I trust you." He said.

"Then we'll where's my kiss?" I asked.

He grinned and pressed his lips onto mine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Blake I have to go now." I groaned.

"No, please. Only a little more." He cried.

"Blake I need to work! We have presentations to review. Come on." I said.

"But I like this."

"Video games are the least of our concerns! Now I'm leaving." I said.

"Fine. I'll see you later yeah?" He gave me and kiss and I nodded before leaving.

It took me a lot of time to finish re looking all the presentations. It was practically morning by the time I finished everything. Since there had been no response from the company we're dealing with, we have to wait here a little longer. Therefore, all our senior managers were permitted to start finding employees to work under them.

I gulped some bread down my throat with some coffee since I couldn't afford to fall asleep when I was being introduced to the new employees. Blake has connection with some people that will help him get insight about the deal we came here for so he won't be attending the introduction session with me. These meetings would be coordinated with my HR department via video conferencing.

First was Cassie. She presented her employees and I don't think there could have been better people. The contracts and stuff was discussed with the HR department and I was satisfied. Aakash brought in only 8 out of 10 people that would work under him. If the work is not perfect, it is as bad as not done.

"Aakash, I do not accept incomplete work. I can not meet any of your employees unless your team is complete. I need you to do this without fail in the next three days. Go, and send Zach in." He nodded and left.

"Good morning this is Mara, Mick, Alfredo....." There were all 12 employees present. Good.

However, when I started going through the files I realised something. About 2-3 employees were under educated as per the job requirements. Did he actually do this on purpose? To annoy me? Didn't we agreed on truce?

"All employees except the three of you are approved." I said pointing at the ones who weren't enough qualified.

"Wait why? I'm sorry but they are the best out of everyone." Zach said.

"HR department please discuss the further procedures with the rest of them." I said looking at the projector.

"Mr. Miller, follow me to my office please." I said and he nodded.

"Take a seat." I offered.

"No thank you Ma'am." He replied.

"Mr. Miller I thought we had truce in the morning." I said.

"Yes, and that is why I completed my task."

"You and I both know that those three employees are not qualified enough." I stated.

"I have a policy, quality doesn't depend on qualifications. I feel they are skilled enough to be a part of my team."

"Mr. Miller if you are doing this to annoy me, it is working and remember you are messing with the wrong person."

"Excuse me for this once but not everything is about you. I truly feel that these employees will do the company a great benefit."

That's it. I understand that he's hurt but he can't go on mocking me. I will not tolerate his crap especially when he's mixing business with personal life. I stand up from my chair and walk over to where he is standing. I go closer to him so that he's trapped between the table and me.

"Listen here Zach Miller. Who ever you are and whatever you're trying to do, you're messing with one of the most powerful person in the world. I work on perfection and you and your crap is spoiling it for me. Beware of what you do in my presence." I warned.

"I---Im sorry." He said.

"Good, because you don't want the actual me to show itself. It won't be pretty, even for you." I whispered and pulled myself back and walked out of the cabin.