XI

Inertia Louis
The meeting with the factory owners was he first thing in the morning. So basically they had an already set factory with the equipments and machinery required for my business and they are looking to sell. One meeting with them and we'll get this site for our new joint venture. I waited in the lobby area for everyone to arrive. Aakash was the first.

"Good Morning." He said.

"Morning." I smiled.

"Morning, morning!" Blake winked at me and I didn't even bother replying.

Cassie and Zach came in together and they wouldn't make eye contact with each other. Something felt really wrong because boy if then were quite for the entire journey to the meeting and those two are people who never keep quite. Zach didn't even make crazy remarks about me nor did he try and sit next to me. Once we arrived at the meeting place, Blake debriefed the team.

"So guys, production head was asked to make a presentation for this meeting is it ready?" Blake asked.

"Yes, I have it." Aakash nodded.

"Great, that's all then I guess become that's the presentation this deal depends on. All of you be active in the meeting but do not talk too much." Blake said and everyone nodded.

"Let's get going then." I said.

The meeting went well and I was really impressed with Aakash's work. It was in fact brilliant. The other guys were impressed too and I was sure that this factory would be sold to us. We had to wait for a week for this approval. So now for a few days here we have to meet several investors for our project. Also all divisions have to give me a set plan of action. Even after we were going back from the meeting, both Cassie and Zach refused to talk. The curocity was killing me and decided to ask Zach what was happening as we reached our hotel again.

"Zach, what happened?" I asked.

"Nothing." He said.

"Something is up and you and Cassie are acting weirdly." I said.

"It's nothing." He repeated.

"Don't give me the nothing crap. You and I both know that you're lying."

"Since when do you care about your employees ma'am? I thought you couldn't bother much about their personal life?"

"Why are you talking like that? I just asked a question. It's fine. I don't want to know the answer but it shouldn't affect your work." I said.

"I slept with her." He said.

"Oh."

I didn't know what else to say. I just walked back to my room. If felt weird. I don't have a say in his personal life but umm... I didn't like it, the idea of him sleeping with Cassie. It felt wrong to me. He liked me didn't he? Is it so easy to get over me? He claims that he likes me but then he goes hooks up with someone else? If he's trying to get me jealous, it's not working. A knock sounded on my door so I opened it.

"Blake, what are you doing here? I didn't know it was already dinner time." I said.

"No, it isn't. You ma'am owe me a date." He grinned.

"I fear I do. So when's it?" I asked.

"Tonight, at eight. Here is your dress and I'll take you there so get ready." He said.

"Impressive huh... A dress on the first date."

"Nahh... I just thought I'd see you in something sexy because for all I know you'll show up in formals." He joked.

"Oh get out." I laughed and pushed him out.

As he went, I pulled he dress out of the box and it was astonishing. It was a black shimmering dress with a low cut in the front and a slit from little above the knee. Boy did it look beautiful. He does have a good choice. So, I dressed up like always but with some more make up. I want to put in effort, try how this works. But I'm nervous. This isn't something I'm used to feeling. I'm actually nervous. The door bell rang 5 mins prior. Before time, impressive. However, when I opened the door I found Zach instead of Blake.

"Look I------ wait, are you going somewhere?" Zach asked.

"I have a date." I said.

"With whom?" He asked.

"With Blake but why are you so interested?" I asked.

"So typical of you isn't it? Dating your business partner so he keeps working with you." Zach smirked. That's it, I lost it.

"Oh no, that's not how it works for me. I have enough one night stands so I don't need to sleep with my employees or partners Zach."

"Or maybe this is how you built your business empire? By sleeping with the ones you have to deal with."

"Or maybe I didn't and you're just saying this because Cassie doesn't satisfy your needs and you need me." I whispered.

"I was waiting to see how low you can fall Zach." I smirked.

"You're hopeless." He spat and walked away.

All this because I'm going on a date with Blake? Did he not think about liking me before sleeping with Cassie? Sex does complicate things doesn't it? I wish we never had that one night thing because Zach can not understand that it was just another night. It's over. I never intended was us to last. We were meant to be just for that long. Right now I can't afford anything serious because I'm at the peak of my career. It's now or never to push past all barriers.

"Hey why you waiting at the door?" Blake asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, sorry. I umm zoned out. I was waiting for you." I smiled.

"I hope I didn't keeping you waiting?"

"You're on time."

"Then shall we?" He asked stretching his hand forward.

"We shall." I took his hand as we walked to his car.