XXX

Inertia Louis

"Zach you have to get here. It is Inertia, there was some internal bleeding the doctors couldn't figure out. She's dying Zach. You have to get here fast." Blake sobbed.

"Put the phone on speaker!" I whispered.

"No..No..No... She can't be!" Zach growled. 

"Get here as soon as you can Zach I don't think she can be with us for long." Blake said.

"I'm coming, I'm coming for her." Zach said and hung up. 

"Did you just fake kill me?" I gasped.

"Sure I did."

"This is a terrible idea. He's going to be so mad when he comes to know I am not dying."

"I told you I had a plan and you told me to go ahead with it!" Blake complained.

"Well you didn't tell me the plan involved fake killing me." I rolled my eyes.

"Got a better idea? I didn't think so."

"Don't you have something else to do? Like you know run businesses?" I ask.

"Hey! Don't be so mean. I'm the one covering your ass at your offices."

"Yeah, yeah he should be here anytime now. So mind leaving?" I asked.

"Ungrateful bitch." He mutters while leaving.

"You're worse than a high school kid."   I reply and he lets out a laugh before leaving. 

Blake and I have changed so much towards each other. When we first met we were so awkward and formal and I was such an idiot. Now, it is completely different. Earlier I hated wasting time by hanging out and now... It has been three days since I woke up from the coma and my ribs are healing just fine. However, the more they lower the dosage of morphine, the more pain I feel. My mother hasn't visited me even once and I have told Ren to stay with Sky at all times. As Blake promised me, he is helping me call Zach here. I have to talk to him.

"Inertia!" Zach comes barging into my room.

"Hey." I give him a warm smile. 

"You're okay? Blake-----"

"Yeah that was a plan to get you here to talk to me. I'm sorry I had to do that but I really wanted to talk." I said. 

"Oh so now you want to talk?"

"Zach look, It is obvious that we both have feelings for each other so let's try and face them."

"Speak for yourself, I do not have feeling for you."

"Then why did you come here when Blake said I was dying? Why did you stay at the hospital when I was in coma? Why did you not eat when I wasn't awake? Can you answer all that?" I asked and he remained silent.

"I love you Zach, and I know you didn't do anything wrong."

"Yo--u lo-ve me?" He blushed.

"Why do you get so nervous when I talk to you? Otherwise you're all 'I'm so tough no one can break me.'"

"I have been asking myself the same question since I met you." 

Our faces inch closer as I look into his eyes. I can't believe I suspected these innocent eyes would ever try to hurt me. All I saw in them was love, care and affection. I closed the gap between us and pressed my lips to his. After a second of shock, he kissed me back. This kiss meant so much more than any other kiss I had even had. This kiss meant my life. His lips moved perfectly on mine. I bit his bottom lip to gain access to his mouth and he let me in easily. Our tongues met in an explosion of fireworks and my heart started beating frantically. It wasn't until he pulled back that my heat rate went to normal. 

"I love you too." 

***********************************************************************************************

"Inertia, now that you're getting discharged, no more rash driving and take care of yourself you still have a slight bruise on your ribs." The doctor says and I nod.

"Oh god I have waited too long." Zach groans.

"You sound like a horny teenager." I comment.

"Well the first part might just be right." He smirks and I twist my face in disgust.

"Can you call Blake for me? He's supposed to take me to office." 

"I know that you're strong and all but princess, can't you wait for a day or to and then join work."

"Firstly, call me princess again and I'll show you how strong I actually am. Secondly, I'm just going over to give a speech." 

"Fine but I hate it that he gets to steal you from me." Zach pouts and I'm about to kiss him when Blake arrives.

"I always get to steal her. She's my best friend." Blake teases.

"He's right on that one." I peck Zach on the lips and then move away to put my arm around Blake.

"You two always gang up on me."

"We are your bosses after all." Blake puts his tongue out.

"Gosh, I don't even know why I know you guys. You both are the most immature idiots ever." I laugh and both of them smile.

"Okay let's go. Everyone is expecting you at the offices." Blake says and I nod.

I hug Zach and then Blake and I it in his car and drive towards our combined offices. Somehow, everything is falling in place now. After 3 weeks I was finally discharged from the hospital with just some minor bruising left on my ribs. When I was still at the hospital, I decided that I didn't want to overload myself with work again so I asked Blake if he wanted to merge all our businesses together. When he agreed, we completed the paper work in a weeks time and Blake took care of all the other adjustments. Zach and I have been stronger than ever. He spent most of the time at the hospital with me and at night after the visiting hours he would stay in the bathroom when the  nurse came to check if there were no visitors. Once she was gone, he would come out and we'd sleep together. And by sleep I mean cuddle and only sleep. Today I'm supposed to be at the head office and give a speech  which will be aired in all my other offices. 

"We're here." Blake said snapping me out of my thoughts. Blake guides me to the meeting room some of our major partners are seated. 

"Good morning. I know it is past 12 and supposed to be afternoon but good morning. Good morning is more than just two words. Good afternoon, good evening, good night are just wishes but good morning runs deeper. Mornings mean new beginnings, so good morning means have good new beginnings. That is what I am here to do today. All of you know I was in an accident sometime ago. But the accident was my good morning. I want a fresh start with all of you, my stakeholders, suppliers, customers, partners, employees everyone. This time I'm not going to be rich, powerful, successful, proud. This time WE will be rich, powerful, successful and proud. I hope all of see this as a new beginning towards a better future." I finish and claps echo in the room. 

"That was great." Blake says after the other partners leave. 

"Thanks." I smile.

"Oh lover boy is waiting for you at your house."

"Fuck." I slap my forehead. 

"You haven't really told him stuff about your mother and the other thing have you?" Blake asked.