14

The past few days for Moni had been stressful. Her teachers were piling projects on top of projects for her to complete and it seemed endless. The thought of dropping out lingered in the back of her mind, but she wouldn't let that come true. There were only a couple of months left of school; she could pull through.

She also hadn't heard from Shawn since he dropped her off home, which was a few days ago, but she wasn't thinking too much into it. She was still pissed about him blowing off their dare to go and handle his "business."

She loved him to death and would do anything for him, but how long was he going to keep doing this? How long was the game going to be a priority?

Today, Moni decided to spend time by herself to take her mind off of the stress she'd been going through lately. She settled on going to the mall to buy a couple of new outfits.

Pulling her PINK mahogany sweatshirt over her head, she took a quick look at herself in her body length mirror. She had matching sweatpants to her sweatshirt and wore all black Uggs. Her hair was bone straight and touched her shoulders.

Grabbing her black MK bag, she made her way into the living room. Moni's mother was sitting on the couch in her robe, sipping on a cup of camomile tea while watching an episode of Divorce Court.

"Mom, I'm going to the mall," Moni said, grabbing her mother's car keys off of the counter. "I can take your keys?" She held them up in the air, jingling them.

Her mother turned around and nodded her head. "Yes baby, just make sure that you drive safe. Be careful."

"I will mom, love you," Moni said over her shoulder as she exited the house.

Once outside, Moni opened the door to her mother's white, 2017 Mercedes Benz. She hopped in, starting the engine and backing out of the driveway and on to the direction of the mall.

Once she reached the mall, she found a parking spot near its entrance then killed the engine. Before she hopped out of the car, she grabbed her MK bag then locked the doors.

Moni strolled to the entrance of the mall, noticing how overly crowded and busy it was. She walked around the mall for a good 10 minutes before she found the store PINK.

"Hello ma'am, how are you doing?" One of the sales associate greeted, with a huge artificial smile plastered on her face.

"I'm doing good, thank you," Moni replied, making her way to the rack of clothes that was set before her.

She flipped through the rack, picking up a couple pieces of clothing and holding them up against her body.

Moni had a feeling that she was being watched. Using her peripheral vision, she saw a huge figure on the left side of her. She couldn't make out who it was, so she decided to ignore it and to continue enjoying herself.

She continued to look through the rack and pick up pieces of clothes so she could try them on, but soon felt uncomfortable in the gaze of the unknown person.

Moni quickly grabbed a handful of clothes she selected and made her way over to the fitting room. Before she could step through the curtains, she felt a hand grab her wrist firmly.

Her heart was beating rapidly. She was scared to look, but she knew had to face this random ass person was that was staring her down. She whipped her head around to see that it was her ex boyfriend, Jon. Her face immediately scrunched up in confusion and disgust.