11

Before this chapter starts, I want to thank QueenPin2k16 for my book cover. I really appreciate the hard work she's done and the time that she took to make it. If any of you guys are interested in having a book cover done, comment on her "Cover Shop" book and let her know what you request. And continue voting & commenting on my story. Thank you guys.

Moni flipped through her Biology textbook and sighed. She loathed the subject so much. She didn't understand it for some reason but, she had an upcoming test so she had to make sure she at least knew something.

"Moni!" Her mother called, poking her head through the doorway of her room. "Do you want something to eat baby?"

"No, I'm fine," she answered as she continued to flip through the pages in her Biology book.

"Alright baby, let me know if you need anything," Her mother said before disappearing into the hall.

She hasn't talked to Shawn in a while or seen him since the whole Denny's incident. It's been two whole weeks.

Moni was worried for him as well as for herself. She hoped that he was okay wherever he was. She was still taken aback by Jon's erratic behavior. It gave her bad thoughts just by thinking about it.

Her thoughts were soon interrupted by the buzzing of her cellphone. Moni glanced at the screen and saw Shawn's name flashing across it. Without hesitation, she tapped the answer button.

"Hey baby." Shawn said, his deep voice flowed through the phone causing a tingle of erotic pleasure to travel down her spine.

"Hey." She replied faintly.

"What you been up to?" He asked, hoping she wasn't too busy.

"Nothing really," Moni responded. She looked over at her Biology book and the pile of papers she had beside it. "Just studying and catching up on some school work."

"I missed you, man," Shawn said, cutting straight to the point. "Let me come and see your beautiful self."

Moni couldn't help but blush at his words. It's been almost a year since they've been dating, and his words always seemed to make her melt.

"Okay, baby," Moni replied, anxious to once again see her man.

"Alright, I'm coming there in 30 minutes," he said before hanging up the phone.

Moni stepped out of her room and took a glance to see where her mother was stationed. She didn't want her mom to come and find Shawn there so she had to be extremely careful.

She peered into her mother's room to find her knocked out in her bed and deep under the covers.

Moni sighed in relief and went back into her room to wait for Shawn.

~~

30 minutes later, Shawn pulled up on Moni's block. He made sure to park across the street from where she stayed, knowing that if her parents were to find his car parked in the driveway, it would be a huge problem.

He wore his grey True Religion sweat top and pants and Gucci slides. He wasn't going to overdress himself, considering that it was 8:08 P.M and Moni was probably in her pajamas.

He reached over to the passenger side of the car and grabbed his Wendy's to go bag. Before pulling up to her crib, he had stopped by Wendy's to get him and Moni something to eat while they chilled together.