8

After school was over, Moni waited behind the school on the curb where Shawn usually picked her up. He was going to take her someplace to go eat before dropping her off back home.

She didn't have to worry about her mother questioning her when she got home. She already lied and told her that she was going to stay after school to get a couple of study sessions in.

While Moni waited patiently, she noticed Nyokia strutting in the middle of a group of niggas on the sidewalk.

All of them looked drugged out and very much older than her. Some of them had long dreads, while others had fades and low-cuts. Majority of them were wearing hoodies, which wasn't a good sign.

"Damn, shorty, all that ass," one of the niggas inquired, taking a hit from his blunt. "Lemme hit."

Nyokia laughed, twirling around. "None of y'all can handle this."

She was wearing a black crop top with a denim jean jacket, floral bell bottoms which made her ass fatter than it already was, and black fenty slippers. Her hair was in a low ponytail.

Moni honestly felt bad. Those niggas were going to take advantage of Nyokia. But she wasn't her friend, never was her friend. She was the same bitch that abandoned Moni when she saw her expose. Whatever happens, happens.

"I can handle it," another nigga chimed in, stepping in front of her and smacking her ass. He then gripped it. "My friend can handle it too."

Nyokia playfully swatted his hand. "Nope, nobody can handle me."

"Oh really?" a nigga behind her questioned, as he moved up so her ass was on him. "Make it bounce one time."

"Ayeeeeee." Nyokia playfully twerked on him, making his dick rock hard in an instant, while the other guys watched in awe and was rooting.

Moni shook her head in disgust, diverting her attention back to her phone.

Shawn pulled up seconds later in his Mustang next to Moni. She hopped in the passenger seat, buckling up her seatbelt then closing the door. As they pulled off, both Moni and Shawn looked as Nyokia disappeared in between the group of guys.

"Ain't that your ex bestfriend?" Shawn questioned as he stopped at the 4-way.

"Yeah," Moni replied softly, looking out the window. "I know them niggas gonna run a train on her."

"I already can see it," he replied, shaking his head before taking off from the stop. "But, it ain't got nun to do with you bae, and that shit ain't your fault."

"I know but," Her voice trailed off. "I wouldn't want to see her in the same position that I was in. She can't handle it." She glanced over at Shawn.

"Bae, shhhhh," he hushed her, placing one hand on her thigh and squeezing it. "It's her problem now, not yours. She left you to deal with your problems and didn't even help. Whatever is coming shorty way, is coming for a reason."

Moni nodded, placing her hand on Shawn's. He was right about the situation. Moni didn't really think too much of it afterwards.

They soon later pulled up at Denny's. Parking and exiting the vehicle, Shawn held Moni's hand as they entered the establishment.

"Hi, table for two?" The hostess greeted as she picked up two menus.

"Yeah," Shawn replied as taking a quick glance at Moni.