10

Shawn rode back to his crib in silence, feeling very resentful. He didn't want Moni to feel unsafe around him and that her life was always in constant danger in his presence. If anything, he was doing all that he can to protect her from it.

She really meant a lot to him.

His brother wasn't making it any better either. For some reason, Jon was acting pretty strange lately. From him asking weird questions to his sudden outbursts, Shawn was starting to question his motives. He wondered if he was secretly plotting to get Moni back, or if he was jealous and just being a cockblock. He didn't know what was up with his brother.

Shrugging the thought of him off, Shawn made a detour to his boss's crib. He was going to inform him about the situation that had happened earlier to see what they could do to take care of it.

He parked his car on the curb and made his way to the apartment complex and up the piss smelling stairs.

Shawn reached his boss's apartment door and knocked on it several times before he opened it.

"Wassup man?" Boss greeted, giving Shawn a quick dap before stepping aside to let him in. His eyes was low and red as fuck, indicating that he was currently getting high.

"Nothing much, we gotta talk though." Shawn walked in and took a seat on the singular leather couch. He ran his hands over his face, letting out a deep sigh.

"What's wrong?" Boss questioned, noticing Shawn's body language. He could tell that something was off with him.

Boss took a seat on the long couch, then took a long drag from his blunt.

Shawn paused for a moment before he spoke. "I went to Denny's earlier today with my girl," he started. "We was chilling and then 3 niggas came in. One of the niggas was named Big Dee, the two other niggas was like his henchmen or some shit."

Boss quickly sat up, putting out his blunt on the ashtray nearby. He knew who Big Dee was as well as the connect he was working with.

Shaking his head, he remembered how he assigned Shawn the task of eliminating Durk. And now that these niggas were on his case, it probably was because Durk was secretly working for them as well as for boss, playing both sides of the teams. His loyalty must have been stronger to the opposing side for them to try and come after Shawn.

"I knew that nigga," Boss stated, rubbing his chin. "He was some stickup kid in the projects that came up long before you did. He's working for a connect that I know, who's a huge threat to my business. Durk must've been working with him on the low while with us. And when you eliminated him, they decided to come after you."

"Fuck, bruh," Shawn groaned. Now it was definite that Moni's life was possibly in danger. "I don't want them to hurt my girl or come anywhere near her. She already feel like her life at risk around me cause them niggas came in there armed and ready to shoot anybody."

Boss nodded his head. He now knew exactly how Shawn was feeling, hell, he'd feel the same too if he was put in that situation where his girl was in possible danger because of the shit he was doing.

"They ain't gonna get to her," he assured Shawn. "I guarantee that. But to make sure, I'm gonna send out two of my best workers out there to make sure you and your girl straight. You familiar with Jah and Rick?"

"Yeah, I know them two," Shawn replied, putting his hands in his pocket.

"Ight, it's settled," Boss stated, pulling his flip phone from his pocket and sending a brief text message to Jah and Rick. "On every task I assign you, both of them will be there to assist you. If anything pops off after that, they'll have your back."