~Chapter 9~ Hear It From Her

You sat at the kitchen table in your apartment, looking through your mother's journal, trying to find something else useful, you came across another date, May 8.

May 8, 1995

I met that weirdo in the clearing again, and man, was he... Something. He introduced himself, his name is Tsubaki.

When you read those words, your hands started shaking. Was your mother somehow involved with Tsubaki? You continued to read.

I thought it was awkward that I hadn't introduced myself, so I told him my name... he started laughing psychotically, and said my name was very plain. I asked him why he was there, trying to act tough. He said it was an interesting place to be, in my opinion, the clearing is pretty creepy, especially because of its history. I noticed something about Tsubaki that I didn't notice before... His teeth. I know it's weird, but his teeth were pointed- kind of like a dogs - and his eyes were red. Blood red. I didn't notice his eyes because of the weird sunglasses, but regardless of his appearance, he's an interesting creature. There is no way this guy is human.

It's not who is he... What is he?

Reading those words... Reminded you of the day you met Lawless. You thought he was an odd person, but this Tsubaki guy... He seems way different than you imagined. But what exactly is his relation to Eleanor Becker? Was he more powerful than all the Servamps?

You put your mother's journal back on the shelf, turning around to head back to your room. You unintentionally knocked over a vase full of Lilies, several pieces shatter on the floor. You cursed under your breath and tried picking up the pieces by hand. This is just what I need, You thought sarcastically.

You picked up a piece, but, the blue color started to fade to a odd-looking yellow, the material started to crack between your fingers, it soon disintegrated. You shook it off as being stressed, and continued picking up the pieces, but everytime you picked something up, it decayed and disintegrated in your grasp. Don't panic...! You thought. It will only get worse!

You picked up a lily, its white petals shriveling up and turning to dust. Your breathing became abnormal, and you tried to pick everything up, but all the remains of the vase and flowers sprinkled into the floorboards.

What is happening to me?!

××××

I woke up from sleeping on the roof, which I found was a great suning place on top of her apartment. I climbed down from the roof and onto the balcony and opened the doors and walked into the apartment. (Y/N) was on her knees, was she looking for something?

"You okay there?" I asked with a concerned tone. She didn't respond. "Hey, Little Lady, are you okay?" I repeated, putting my hand on her shoulder. She lets out a surprised shriek, turning around and grabbing my wrist. I felt a burning pain in my wrist, she let go of me and sprung up, backing into the wall. I looked at my hand and, just like that day she slapped me in the face, the flesh on my wrist turned grayish-brown, the once smooth skin was now flakey and brittle. The (H/C) haired girl put a hand over her mouth, tears falling from her eyes like water from a faucet.

"I'm sorry, Lawless," She apologized. "I'm so sorry..." My hand began to heal until all the rot was completely gone. The room was still, silent, the only sound was (Y/N)'s sobs. I took a step closer to her, but she moved away. She kept her distance, her eyes spilling tears.

"Please..." She begged, her voice cracking. "I don't want to hurt you."

Was she serious? She didn't want to hurt me? That was new, most of my Eves always kicked me around when I did something stupid. I had a lot of questions. This sad, scared girl is so different from the Eve I know. Something's wrong.