3. Intuitive

"Excuse me, I need fresh air" I said as I unzipped the tent.

"Just don't go to far." he said

"I won't." I went back to where I was crying before.
I needed to get away from him.

I was worried about the vision that I got because of the full moon - making him worry about me being scared, and with my powers of empathy I got more stressed. We were just feeding each other panic.

Next morning I woke up back in the tent. I turned to the side and saw Zane's back at the other side of the tent. Then all of a sudden the I heard a zipper from another tent slide down and some yawning. I checked my watch and saw that it was 9am and decided to get up too.

I heard Bella say she was going to catch some fish and that Rikki should start the fire.

I heard Rikki walk up to the second tent, "Hey guys, make yourselves useful and go pick up some fi- CLEO?! What are you doing here?where is Zane?".

I sat up and shook Zane to warn him about Rikki's early morning tantrum.

But it was too late and he woke up from the single word Rikki said as she I
unzipped our tent, "Unbelievable." .

At this point everyone has come out of their tents half asleep while Cleo and Rikki were argue quietly in a corner.

Lewis had gone and come back from picking up some firewood. Bella had come back with a net full of fish. She was just waiting to get dry and was getting filled in by the guys as to why they were arguing.

It was already 9:45 and everyone was finishing up their breakfast and the girls were still going at it. That was until Zane came in to break up the fight but he just got himself into trouble.

"How can you let this jerk sleep in the tent as Reina!?" Rikki said to Cleo. "Honestly, were you even thinking!?".

"And you, have you ever hear about the word 'NO'? how can you let her just kick you out?".

"Ok, in my defense, Rikki, she didn't give me much of a choice. She just came in, slapped my arm to wake me up, and put herself in between me and Lewis." Said Zane.

"As if I would believe you. You were just so eager to be alone with the new girl" countered Rikki.

"But Rikki, i-it is tru-" Cleo was trying to explain but their arguing was so much louder than her reasoning voice.

" Rikki, are you even listening to yourself? You know I'm not like that" Zane said as he tried to reach for her hands.

"You know I don't trust you anymore, so why would I believe you now." Rikki said moving a step back.

I needed to do something because I felt this would only get worse. I got up and made my way to them as I passed Cleo who was walking back to the fire.

"Hey guys? Why don't we take break and eat, how does that sou-" I started out saying it very nicely but as I got closer all I felt was anger. Soon after I lost my train of thoughts and just followed the emotions of the person closest to me. Zane.

"You know Rikki, you have trust issues" I said angrily, trying to make a point but I just got stared at. By this time I knew my bright green eyes had turned into Zane's brown eyes.

"What triggered your trust issues? Was it when I kissed Miriam while we were still dating? Or was it when I teamed up with Dr. Denman? Or maybe it was more recently, when I kissed Sophie even when you told me that you don't like her?"
I couldn't stop these words from memories that I don't even remember having.

"Ok, Reina, that's crossing the line" said Rikki in a deep stern voice, I saw Zane looking at her - He obviously still cares about her.

I can feel so much of their sadness that one of my brown eyes turned bright blue to represent Rikki.

"Ugh! My heart - my heart I-It's breaking." I groaned. Clutching my chest and kneeling down, I started crying.

My dramatic scene caught the attention of the others and they came over with confused faces. Bella and Lewis took me to the fire while Cleo, Rikki, Zane, and Will stayed behind.

"What did you do to Reina? She looks devastated." I heard Cleo worrying.

Zane just walked away and went outside. Will went to check on him.

"Cleo, she is not like us. Her eyes changed colors and started talking as if she was reading our minds; like she has our memories." Rikki said trying so hard not to cry but by the end of her sentence, she failed.

Cleo just hugged her to try to comfort her. If what I said - I mean if what I felt -was real then Zane was a horrible boyfriend to Rikki but if she forgave him so many time, they must really liked each other.

Bella and Lewis also saw the situation unravel and they must have been so confused.

"What happened back there? Are you ok?" Bella said.

"Rikki? Cleo? Can you come over here, I want to explain.". I cleared my throat awkwardly because I just didn't want them to hate me. Or worse, be afraid of me.

I cleared my throat again to remove the knot, from all that just happened.

"I'm obviously not like you guys. I don't have an active power. I am an empath and I also have pathokinesis. My powers are more focused on the moon's connection to emotions, the heart. While your powers are mainly about the moon's connection to water." I paused to see if they were following. Rikki had dried her tears and everyone was just listening with eyes wide open as if I was an alien.

"What happened back there... I can't control my powers yet. This is barley my second full moon. I'm still new at this, what I do know is that my powers somehow intensify; the day before, the day of, and the day after a full moon.".

I sighed before continuing "It really wasn't my intention to hurt your feelings or Zane's. I didn't want to open up old scars or get into you personal life. Please don't hate me. I'm still learning." Out of shame, I had ended up whispering at the end.

"Don't worry about it, just try not doing that again." Rikki said, gaining back her strong voice.

"Thank you so much" I whispered and went in for a hug, which she hesitantly accepted. Soon after Cleo, Bella, and even Lewis join in too.

"Just one question," Cleo said as the group hug broke, "what is an empath?" .

"Right, and what is pathokinesis?" Bella followed.

They all stared at me once more as I answered their questions.

"Umm, an empath is someone that feel other people's feeling, from deep within. If my powers are strong enough or the feeling are strong, then I can sometimes channel them. And pathokinesis is the ability to feel and manipulate other people's emotions. I also have visions from the future, but that's only when there's a full moon, I think it's because I am able to feel what others are going to feel in the future, you know what I mean?"

I don't know how they are going to react. I'm not an ordinary mermaid like them and they might reject me.

After a few moments of silence they finally spoke. All at once. They were happy that my powers were unique and that I had so many but they also expressed that it sucked that it can't do much to protect our secret making them the most dangerous.