1. New Beginning

All I can remember was that I was swimming away from a shark or something and hitting my head on a few rocks for carelessly looking behind me.

I floated up to the shore and with my vision still fuzzy, I saw people starting to gather at the edge.

"What is that behind her? That Orange thing?" asked a boy.

"I think that a tail. I can see it shimmering!" said a girl.

"No,don't be ridiculous,sweetie, it's a costume" said the mother.

"No way! She's a MERMAID!" said the girl again.

At that moment I knew my life was over until I saw the
silhouette of a blonde and brunette guys pulling me out of the water and 3 girls blocking the view of the growing crowd, making random excuses.

I got on a boat with the guys and... the girls? Mmm? where did they go?

I passed out on our way to a place I didn't know.

I finally woke up after what felt like an eternity, in a volcano with a round pool at the bottom of the it's mouth.

"Uh? Where am I?" I groaned. I looked around me and saw the 3 girls again but no sign of the boys. I saw that i was dry and back in regular clothes; my black combat boots, skinny jeans, green crop top and pink bomber jacket.

A brunette girl with beautiful big dark eyes rushed to me, kneeling down to where I was laying.

"Are you alright? That was close call. What happened?"

She rushed through all of the questions and finally realized how confused I looked.

"Oh. I'm sorry...umm...I'm Cleo and you're at the Moonpool in Mako Island."

"Mm? What is Mako Island? Who are you people?!"

I was concerned for my well-being because they knew I was a mermaid and then they just dragged me to a secluded place,like an island.

"Don't worry, no need to look so terrified." said another girl with platinum blonde hair.

A third girl with tan skin and blonde hair joined the conversation "She's right. you see," she stopped to get the other's approval "We are also... mermaids"

"What?" I was shocked, "I thought I was the only one"

"Well you're not" said the platinum blonde. She then started to put one hand in front of her and as she curled her fingers to a fist the Moonpool started to let out steam as she boiled the water with her mind - that is so COOL!!

"Rikki, don't you think you're scaring her?" whined the brunnett.

"Don't worry, she's a mermaid. She used to this madness" said Rikki.

I just stared at the cooling water, not saying a word.

"Alrigh then. Umm, Bella! Bella, why don't you show her your powers next." Rikki asked the tan girl excitedly.

"Ok, just don't freak out" she put her hand out in front of her just like Rikki did before but instead of a fist she opened her fingers wide and turned the Moonpool into...Jelly?

I turned my body and poked the water with a nearby pebble and suddenly in turned back into liquid.

Cleo finally got up and followed the pattern. She stick her hand out and she brought up a ball of water out of the Moonpool and let float before dropping it back down gently.

"what the hell?" I whispered to myself "how is this possible?"

"Ok now your turn" said Rikki eagerly