"What are you doing out here?" he asked, his tone clearly displeased.

It was time to put on her act. She clutched onto his shirt and buried her face into his chest.

"Oh, Itachi! I'm so glad you're here!" She pretended to shiver from fright. "I was so scared. I wanted to come out for a walk but I didn't want to disturb you. So I came out by myself and got lost." She feigned a sob. "I couldn't find my way back."
He listened to her but the frown still stayed. "I told you not to go outside without my permission. If that dog finds you, I'll have to kill him. You know that."
She nodded. "I'm sorry. Please forgive me."

Moving his hand to the back of her head, he grabbed large tufts of her hair and pulled her head back. She winced from the pain and looked up at him. The power in his eyes seemed even stronger as he bore into her own eyes.

"Next time, I won't be so merciful," he threatened. "Do you understand?"
"Y-yes, my love..."

His eyes softened as he loosened his grip on her hair. He then pulled her into him and wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

"Please take me home, Itachi," she said.

It was all only to make him believe she was still under his control. With his arm around her waist, he led her back to the hut behind the barrier. As they walked back, she could feel his fingers digging into her side. He obviously wasn't happy but Itachi still fell for her act.

Once they were back in the hut, Lyra went and sat beside the small fireplace in the middle of the room. No fire was lit but she still kept her eyes focused on it. Itachi made himself comfortable behind her, his legs on either side of her. Her eyes closed from disgust as she felt his hands on her stomach.

"This will be your way to make it up to me," he leaned into her ear and whispered. "For going against my wishes."

She mentally cringed as she felt his cold hands push under her shirt and touch her skin. 'Stay strong, Lyra. Just think of Sesshomaru and stay strong.'

***

Sesshomaru didn't rest even once. He refused to. Naraku and the Band of Seven were at low priority. He wouldn't even think of them until he got Lyra back. Everyone had been searching for Lyra but unfortunately, Inuyasha and the others had short run ins with members of the Band of Seven. Sesshomaru had been searching all through the night but to no avail.

As much as the brothers couldn't stand one another, Inuyasha felt sorry for him. Witnessing Sesshomaru's plight had made him wonder what he would have done if it was Kagome who had been taken.

As morning arrived, everyone had rendezvoused as planned. He had left Rin in Kagome's care, having only taken Jaken with him. The girl was already worried for Lyra and needed to rest.

"Lord Sesshomaru!" Rin called as he walked over to them.
Kagome sighed, worrying for her cousin. "It's been three days and we still haven't found her."
"Don't lose hope, Kagome," Sango said, placing a hand on her shoulder.

Sesshomaru turned away from the group, trying to figure out what he had missed. Were there any clues he had completely brushed over? His eyes closed. He couldn't understand how Itachi was able to snatch everything away so easily.

Suddenly, something hit his senses. He opened his eyes and looked straight ahead, his eyes narrowing.

"That scent," he spoke aloud.
Inuyasha appeared beside him, looking in the same direction. "Wait... That's Lyra's scent!"
"What?!" Kagome and the others went to them. "Are you sure it's her?"
"I'm positive!" Inuyasha turned to his brother. "You can sense it too, right?"
Sesshomaru gave a single nod. "It's her."