Chapter 44: UCLA

Daisy finally wakes up after a long and deep cry out of her heart. She can feel her eyes feel very heavy.

She looks at her phone to see a text message from an unknown number.

"Hey Daisy, it's Kathy from Dumont Woods. We're going to hold a funeral for Michelle Baker. If you are able to come, do come. We will be waiting for you."

She sighs and walks downstairs. She looks at herself on the mirror. She looks like a mess. She eats her breakfast along with Wayne and her mom. Her mom wouldn't stop talking about yesterday. Her dad is already in Michigan.

"I actually got some e-mails back but I just haven't told you."

Her mom's head snaps back swiftly. "What? From where? Have you taken care of it?"

"Dad has. UCLA."

"What?!"

"What?"

"No." Her mom shakes head. "No, no, no, no."

"Too late, me and dad have already taken care of everything I'm moving in a week."

"What about NYIT?"

"I declined."

"Why?!" Her mom yells.

"It's my choice, okay? It's not all about you. I followed you into going to Architecture school, is that not enough?"

"You also wanted to go to Architecture school!"

"Then you don't know me at all."

She leaves the room and her mom shuts up for the rest of the day. Maybe because Daisy spends a lot of time in the book room. She still wishes to see Julian. But she's learning to let go.

.

.

.

It has been over almost two weeks since she stepped foot in that facility. As much as it hurts to leave this place, she has somewhere to go and to move on. She's going to Los Angeles tomorrow with her mom and Wayne. She doesn't want to leave this place just yet. But she just shrugs it off. Julian is not even here anymore.

She has to learn to move on.

"What are you doing?" Daisy asks Wayne when she sees him putting all his stuffs in Julian's room.

"I'm moving to this room."

"You can't," Daisy exclaims.

Wayne scoffs. "Why?" He asks matter-of-factly.

"You just can't."

"Get out of here." Wayne slams the door on my face.

She just sighs as she feels like she's about to cry. She can't wait until she leaves this place so she can finally move on and forget about Julian and everything in this house.

She falls asleep shortly after she reads the first three pages of To Kill A Mockingbird.

She looks out the window, which is still dark out. Indicating that it's probably dawn. She can't sleep. It's been 20 minutes.

She misses him.

She feels like crying again. Just when she's about to stand up to get a drink from downstairs, she looks up to the door and she stops at her tracks. Her heart aches a million times than before but she smiles.

There he goes, Julian, leaning on the doorframe. Smiling with his regular clothes—white t-shirt and blue jeans. His dirty blonde hair is pushed back and he looks ever so beautiful.

It feels like a dream, but it's so vivid, and she's not planning to go anywhere from this dream.

"Hey," Her voice is barely audible to hear. "Where have you been?" She stands up. She feels like crying, but she feels like she shouldn't.

He walks up to her slowly, with his hands inside his jean pockets. She's frozen to where she's standing. He gives her his charming, charming smile as he stops after her. She can smell him.

He whispers something to her. Not too many, but not too short. It's enough to make her calm and reserved. It's enough to make her happy for him.

She's set him free and she loves him.

He pulls back as he plants a tender kiss on her cheek. She can't do anything but to close her eyes to feel him. And then she can feel that he's gone. He's not in the room anymore. And she's still standing and she refuses to open her eyes, afraid to see the reality.

But she does, and the room is bright. The sun streaks through the window. She grabs her phone to see it's 8 on Sunday morning. She takes a deep breath and stands up from her bed. As she's about to walk towards the door, her foot stumbles into something. It's a painted canvas, with her in it, playing the piano in the living room.

He really did paint Daisy. He really is her first love.