Chapter 40: Montage

The next day, she tries to talk to her mom. About mostly everything—by the information from the vision she's been getting. Even the sex part:

"And then I keep on getting the visions of me having sex with him—like touching his back and then pulling his hair, and—"

"What?" Her mom bursts out a fit of laughter, with her cup of coffee on her hand. "Daisy, are you tripping?"

"No, I'm not." She gives her a stern look. Like she's serious about this effed-up situation.

"You're dreaming." She nods.

"Then what is this?" She points to Julian's journal she showed earlier.

She just sighs. "Prove it."

"Prove what?"

"Prove the piano thing. You said he taught you piano, right? And you said you were good at it."

"I don't know, mom, they're visions. It doesn't mean they're true."

"There's only one way to find out."

She rolls her eyes and walks toward the piano as her mom follows her from behind. "Hey, when did you take off your white bandage?"

"Since day one." She opens the lid and sits on the piano chair. She looks up at her mom, folding her hands together tightly as she focuses on me. She takes a deep breath and . . . she couldn't.

"Well?"

"I don't know, I've had amnesia, mom." She groans.

"Then I'm not buying it."

She sighs. "I don't believe it either." She stands up and leaves the room. Her mom looks at her like there's something wrong with her.

She ends up reading Alice in Wonderland that's sitting on her bedside table for God knows how long. She's even surprised when she found it—she thought there were no English books in this place. Reading it all over, she feels like she's already finished it, so she puts it down.

She needs a new pair of glasses.

She looks over to her bed, where Julian's journal rests. Then her eyes gaze to the closet. She stands up, opens the closet to take a look at the unfamiliar blue dress.

Screw it.

Then she puts it on. She looks at herself in the mirror and then she regrets it. Flashes of images slap her in the face a couple times until her heart rate is not in its normal rate anymore. She sees him vividly, standing between the walls down the hall, with a book in his hand, slightly smiling—with his green luminous eyes. "Do it again, once more."

"What?" She answers, unable to find words in this dreamy state.

Then he turns around, whistling a tune of a familiar song. Somehow, the song gives her chills run up to her spine and it makes her feel nostalgic.

"Hey!" She wants to chase him down the hall, but she's unable to move.

She then wakes up from her hazy state, standing in front of the mirror, looking at herself in that velvety blue dress.

What was the vision about?

Her instinct leads her to the piano, again. She looks at her mom who is reading a book with her glasses, a cigarette between her lips. She looks up and eyes Daisy in her dress, then back to the book.

Daisy gulps, not knowing what to do with the piano. She opens the lid, revealing the keys she's not so familiar with. Then images start to appear again, they're so vivid, and they're killing her brain. This time, the images appear that the both of them are playing the piano; playing the song she's been trying to figure out in her brain. The song Julian whistled to in her vision.

"That's really beautiful, is that your piece?" She stands up, walking down the stairs.

He nods, avoiding her gaze.

"Can you teach me?" She asks, sitting next to him on the piano seat.

"Of course, angel." He says.

Her breath hitches as she feels a tear running down her cheeks. She doesn't know what to do or what the hell is happening. But she knows the fact that she loved him and that the song reminds her of the memories she's spent with Julian, and her love towards him.

"Close your eyes." A whisper catches her off guard as she snaps her head back to see no one's standing behind her. She snaps her head forward when she feels chills on her hands that are resting on the piano keys—they feel like they're at ease. She gulps and takes a deep, deep breath before closing her eyes and then she lets her fingers slowly glide through the keys. Then she hits a false note, which makes her groan and opens her eyes.

"God, Daisy, are you okay?" Her mom gives her a confused look as she just shakes her head.

She tries again and closes her eyes. She lets her fingers glide very carefully and naturally as she finds a way to play the song. At first, she'd swear that it wasn't her playing the keys. Then she slowly works through it . . . Somehow, a montage of images plays through her mind. She can feel her fastened heartbeat and goosebumps all over her body, by the song she's playing the piano—no, I'm not playing it, Daisy thought to herself.

All she could feel right now, is that she's in another dimension. Reliving the images in her brain, like an endless dream, while her fingers play the piece on the piano.

She remembers the picnic day, the first time they kissed—the feeling of it, the day when she swum in the lake, the Johnny Mathis records, his calloused fingers, the crinkles he makes when he laughs at her jokes—even though it's not that funny, his damn smirk when he catches her admiring his perfect jawline, his broad shoulders when he hovered her body the night they loved each other, his hurtful eyes when she called him a monster . . . His touch, his velvet lips dancing against hers and his green eyes. She could even smell the scent she's been longing for—one that would make her melt then and there.

And his heartbeat, which indicates that he's very much alive like she is.

The montage doesn't feel bizarre at all—cause she knows a hell lot of things already. She knows that she's loved him and she knows deep down, in her unconscious state, she still loves that boy. She dreams of him both awake and asleep. And every time he touches her, whether it's just holding her hand or her cheek, or her hair . . . She wishes his touch never left her skin.

She knows everything.

She knows how it all happened.

"This is not a dream." He whispers, his hand on my cheek.

Then she stands up, tears running down her cheeks. She looks back to her mom whose now standing on her foot with her cigarette between her lips, her glasses are on her right hand and her book is on the couch. She looks like she's seen a ghost.

Julian also stands up from her chair, his body leaving her body.

It was hurting to see Daisy, and he couldn't help it anymore that he had to enter her vulnerable body and help her remember. Help her realize that it was not a dream.

"Daisy, how—how'd you do that?" Her mom breaks the painful silence. She's as shocked as Daisy at the moment.

Daisy just shakes her head as she covers her mouth. "I'll be right back." She runs up towards Julian's room, feeling like she's in a romantic movie—but she's not. She wishes so, so everything would be easier for both of them.

She knows him, and the feelings she had towards Julian has found their way back. She loves him. And there's no turning back now.