Chapter 1 ~ Falling

~Emma~

*BAM* Oh that bam you just heard was my body being pushed against the lockers. I hit my head on the locker and fell to the ground with my binder getting loose letting my papers fly everywhere. I sighed and looked up to see Amber, Alex, and the cheerleaders laughing at me. "Oops" Amber said with a smirk. I watched her strut right over to Hayes. He smiled and laughed with Em. He's changed so much. I kept watching them until Hayes looked at me. His smile brightens up a room. When he looked at me he smiled at me and slightly waved. I smiled back. It was the first time I really smiled for a while. But you know it, Amber starts making out with Hayes. "Ow!" I yell as someone stepped on my foot. Then I realized I'm still on the floor. "Sorry" a familiar male voice says. He hands me the rest of my papers. I take them and look up at him. "Thanks" I said realizing its Shawn. "Emma can we talk?" He asked. I nodded. We walked to my locker. "Emma, I'm sorry. I didn't realize how. Um. Obsessed over you I was" he said. "You obsessed with me? Psh please." I said putting my stuff in my locker. "Besides when did your tour end anyways?" I asked him, getting out of that crazy subject. "Last week, it was amazing" he said with a smile. "Good, glad you had fun" I said. I'm still upset with Shawn. But I can't be mad at him forever. "Hey, even tho I just came back from tour. Would you give me a chance and go to the park with me after school?" He asked. "S-sure" I said. Wow, nice Emma. Ya stuttered there. He smiled. "Great meet me after school, I'll pick you up. I smiled and nodded. I turned around to go to class when I bumped into someone I'm not supposed to. I looked up at his icy blue eyes. "Sorry" Hayes said. I just ignored him and walked away. "Hey Sis!" Kat said. I smiled. She looked surprised. "What?" I asked. "Your actually smiling!" She said. I looked down and my smile faded away as I looked at my fresh cuts I made last night. Crap I forgot my bracelets. "Em, it's okay" Kat said. I slightly smiled. "OMG Emma? Are you smiling?" Ria said coming up to me. I shrugged. "Why?" She asked. "I just saw Shawn" I said while nodding. "And?" Kat asked, she wasn't smiling. "I'm going to the park with him after school." I said. "Um why?!?! EMMA EARTH TO EMMA!!! He's the one that made you and Hayes break up!" Ria yelled. "Okay first off. I AM ON EARTH! 2nd, I've gotta find some way to get over Hayes!" I said then I started tearing up. I leaned against a locker and slid down. Nash came over to me and sat. He put his arm around me and I leaned on his shoulder while crying. "It'll be okay" Nash said. Then came Matt. "Hey wh-" Matt started. He hasn't been talking to me. "I'm gonna go" he said, but Kat grabbed his arm. I got up and ran to the bathroom. I heard footsteps behind me until I realized it was Amber and Alex. "Oh what's wrong? Did you forget something?" Amber asked me. "Oh I believe it was this" Alex said holding up my Diary. "Give it back!" I yelled. "That is not the polite way to ask" Alex said. They can NOT read what's in there! "Will you please give it back to me" I said. "No!" They said at the same time. They walked out of the bathroom with my Diary. "I'm so screwed!" I screamed. Kat ran in. "Emma what did they do?!?" She asked. "They got my Diary, they must know my combination to my locker now" I said. She sighed and stormed out. Oh crap. I followed her as she approached the girls reading and laughing at my Diary. Then Hayes walked up. He smiled as he read it. Then he saw me behind Kat. "What do the trashy sisters want?" Amber asked in a snotty tone. Kat walked up to Amber and slapped her. Then she turned around and grabbed my arm to pull me away. They still had my Diary, but whatever. I don't care anymore. "Sorry I had to get away before I attempted murder" she said. I tried not to laugh. We met up with everybody and sat and ate lunch. Then I was sitting there eating my spaghetti when I felt something hit my head. I turned around and as I did I got a face full of spaghetti sauce. As I wiped my eyes I saw everybody in the lunch room laughing at me. I got up and walked out of the lunch room. As I walked out I felt someone grab my arm I looked to see, Shawn. "Come with me. We'll get you cleaned up." He said taking me to the back. I walked back there and he helped me get clean. "Thank you" I said. "Anything for you" he said with a smile. He put his hand on my cheek and leaned in to kiss me, and I let him. I never knew that Shawn would care about me this much. I now have realized that he's been here all these years, to help me threw all of this. I should've and should give him a chance. I just can't believe I didn't before....