My Mate is Married -Chapter 4

Ace's Beta Derek pictured above ⬆️

Ace's POV

I couldn't believe that I just took her the way that I did. That was not my plan. Kidnapping my mate was never the plan.

Seeing her at the super market today with her husband crushed me. I couldn't believe that that scum bag was her real husband.

After I ran out of the store I had to go for a run. I knew that if I stood there any longer that I would have killed him. And though I didn't really care about him I knew that it would scare my mate. She wasn't ready to see that side of me.

I decided that I needed to learn more about this husband of hers so I could decide what to do with him. I followed his scent back to what I had learned from my spies was Seneca's house.

I heard some laughing inside and peered through the window to see Miles kissing another woman on the couch. I growled under my breath- angry that someone could treat Seneca that way.

I knew he was a pig but this was pretty low. It gave me an idea though.... an easy way to get him out of the picture. I headed back to the store and called my Beta Derek.

"Derek meet me at the supermarket in town called JoAnns. I have a plan to get my mate." I said quietly through the phone

He agreed and I met him there a few minutes later.
"I overheard that Seneca is working until ten tonight but I need her to leave early." I told Derek

"How come ? Is this part of the big plan ?" He asked

"I'll explain everything later Derek. All I need you to do is go in the back and somehow convince her manager to let her leave now."

"Got ya boss, I'll just use my Wolfy charm on her."
Derek smirked as he headed towards the back of he store.

A few minutes later I saw Seneca grabbing her things and heading for her car. I had to hurry ahead of her so I would be there to pick up the pieces after she realized what Miles was doing at home.
A piece of me felt bad for leading her into something that would cause her pain but I knew I had to get her away from that man somehow.

I stood outside and watched as Seneca entered the house and continued to wait until she came running out the front door. Her and Miles were screaming at each other and I could see the tears flowing down her cheeks.

Everything in me wanted to stroll up right now and kill the bastard that caused my mate so much pain. But I needed to be ready to console Seneca.

As soon as she turned and headed for the car I planned to meet her at her window and offer to drive because she was so upset. But suddenly she turned and took off down the street. I stood behind a tree watching her run away - and quite quickly I might add - it's nice to see that my mate is so strong.

I took off running after her staying behind houses and trees as not to alarm her that she was being chased. Finally as she neared an alley is way she fell to the ground exhausted and still sobbing from the fight with Miles.

I thought this was my chance to be her knight in shining armor. So I decided to approach her, I leaned towards her to help her up and she looked up at me quickly and with fearful eyes.

"Ace your eyes they're ..... they're ......" she stuttered

Shit I suddenly realized that my eyes must have started to turn black as the anger built inside me seeing my mate so distressed.

I tried to convince her to come with me but she started talking about needing to get home. There was no way in hell I was letting her go back to that piece of trash Miles.

I panicked, I needed my mate to be safe so I did the only rational thing I could think of and drugged her so she would pass out. She tried to scream and honestly the fear in her eyes hurt my heart. I never intended for this to happen this way.

Once she was out - I picked he up bridal style and pulled her to my chest. She was cold and shivering and I could tell that my body heat was helping to warm her.

I carried her to the car that Derek was in. He was already waiting nearby when i had called to tell him our location.

I climbed into the backseat with her, letting her head rest on my lap as we drove. When we arrived home I carried her up the stairs and laid her on my bed to rest. I wasn't sure what her reaction would be when she woke but man I loved seeing my mate nestled in my blankets. She was finally home.