Chapter 3:School Days

Katsuki woke up extra early every morning since that day. He would get dressed, eat breakfast, say goodbye to his parents and head to Kirishima's home, which surprisingly wasn't that far away from his own neighborhood.

It become routine for the blond. He didn't mind waking up so early in the morning if it meant the other red head male would feel less lonely.

They haven't discussed what happened that day. They went on with their lives but Bakugou still expected an explanation. With each passing day, he was expectingly grew impatient.

During those days, he just wanted to make Kirishima feel protected.He would have his attention on him. Never leaving his sights.Or thoughts.

With his thoughts occupied on Kirishima, he didn't realize that he was already at his front door. He tapped his knuckle on the door.

As expected, Kirishima's mother opened the door with a smile just as bright as her son's.

"Good morning Bakugou. Eijirou is still getting ready for school. You can wait in the living room if you'd like."

Kirishima's mother was extremely greatful that Bakugou kept a close eye on her son when she couldn't. She would ask if his behavior would change and he would report to her if that were the case.

Bakugou stayed in the living room, releasing tiny explosions from his hands. They were barely audible and he himself like to admire the sparks he created.

"Eijirou breakfast is ready! Bakugou would you like some?"

"No thank you, I already had breakfast."

"Okay!"
She smiled brightly before heading back to the kitchen.Footsteps could be heard, Kirishima, with bag in hand, grinned.

"Hey Katsuki." He said as he headed towards the door, much to Bakugou's concern.

"Sorry mom but I won't be eating breakfast this morning! I don't feel hungry right now!"

His mother appeared out of the kitchen. Her face fell in disappointment.Just as door opened by the red head, a hand slammed it closed along with a small explosion on the door.

"Your not going to school if you don't eat something, hair for brains."

"B-But I'm really not hungry. I-It's okay!Really!" Kirishima nervously said.Bakugou glared at him.Kirishima sighed before going to kitchen and getting an apple.

"Is eating an apple on our way to school alright?"

Bakugou thought for a moment. ' At least he's eating something so I guess it fine.But he better not fucking avoid eating at lunch'

Bakugou nodded as he opened the door to let Kirishima out first.

"Bye mom!"

"Bye Mrs.Kirishima."

The duo said their goodbyes as Kirishima's mother waved to them while shouting "Have a good day boys!" When they were a short distance away.

As they walked their was no conversation or sound between them except for the bites Kirishima would make when he bit into the apple.

"So why didn't you want to eat breakfast.Your mother looked pretty fucking disappointed when you said no."

Bakugou crossed his arms.He wasn't angry but he couldn't shake the feeling of concern for him.

"I know.I just... didn't feel as hungry is all."
Kirishima had a frown on his beautiful face. Bakugou felt another twinge of pain in his heart when he saw that frown.He wanted the Kirishima, his love, to smile that dorky smile of his.The one that always seemed to be brighter that the firecrackers that exploded in his palms.