Chapter 20 Prologue- A cup of Tea

I fell faint, I stumbled a little while I watched the corpse of my father fall and evaporate. I reached out to the desk beside me and caught myself. Ryan thankfully also grabbed me, asking if I was alright, realization was hitting me like a freight train; I just shot my own father, or what apparently was left of him. He asked if I wanted to lay down, and I simply nodded. He led me out of that room while Dan started to organize everybody else on what their next course of action was going to be. Ryan had led me to the Commanders room, or my fathers. It was what you would expect one to be; a large bed in one corner and a desk with a computer in another. A dresser on the left side facing the bed, and a giant window overlooking the landscape, all around us was a giant forest. I sat on the bed and let my head drop into my hands. 

"Simply call if you need anything alright? There's a landline scroll right there alright?" He said pointing to the one on the desk, I thanked him and he left. I quickly got out of my armour; Snow had asked to be put beside the computer so she could access the database again. I simply laid on the bed; my heart was racing and my mind was a complete mess. I just laid there; crying, after a couple months of searching for my father for it to only end with him being corrupted by this "abyss" and for him to die by my hand. My mind was full of regret, despair and confusion, to the point that I passed out from exhaustion. My mind drifted into a peaceful slumber. 

I woke in an old tea shop; or what looked like one. Signs on the wall in language that I couldn't read, but I got the vibe that this was an old tea shop, mainly by the decor and the various signs that showed tea. The decor had tables and cushions laid around, a straw mat under each one, and each table had a long cloth laid over top. On top of the tables were small plates, a candle in the middle and cups beside each plate.  While I was looking around, I didn't notice the man before me. I almost jumped when I saw him. 

"Care for some tea?" He said, lifting a pot with steaming coming out the nozzle. I simply nodded as he grabbed the bottom of his sleeve and poured out a hot brew into my cup. "This is rose tea, great for calming the mind and letting you relax." He said, the man looked no older than his fifties, he had a long grey beard that was tied around the end. He was wearing a green robe. Once he was done pouring the tea into my cup, he poured some into his own; blew on it and slowly drank it.  "It is not poisoned my friend if it was I wouldn't be drinking out of the same pot." He laughed a hearty laugh at the end. He had a good point, I did the same and blew on it and drank. It was good, it really did help calm the mind. 

"Who are you?" I asked. "Where am I?" 

"You are in your own mind, and me, I am in ours." He said before taking another sip. I did the same. 

"What do you mean by ours?" 

"We are one in the same, my friend, we are a generation of great warriors. Masters of semblances, masters of weapons, masters of creation and of undying friendships."  

"I don't understand..." I replied reluctantly. 

He simply nodded and extended his hand out, palm up to show the same symbol, a diamond with three slashes going through it. I place mine beside his. 

"We bear the mark of the abyss, and thus are bound for life and death. You carry the knowledge of every marked one that has ever existed. You carry all of our emotions, memories, and duty." He said while taking another sip. "To answer your question of who I am, I am bearer Ashan. I served the Abyss Walker before yours; and yet you do not know your walker." 

"This is all new to me, and very confusing. What do you mean by my walker?" 

"When an Abyss walker dies, the Abyss chooses a new host from any realm, and once that Walker is chosen, it also chooses a bearer. The job of that bearer is to repel the abyss whenever a walker uses their power. When a walker uses their power, they release a little bit of abyss, if that abyss is not suppressed, it can grow and grow it will." He says, while offering some more tea, I accept. "A bearer's job is to follow the walker, or detect where the tear is. Their job is to close that tear. With such ability and power from the walker, there has to be balance. And with the power of the abyss, there is also balance that must be kept between worlds. If the balance is destroyed, it will bring chaos amongst all realms. Like the balance of life and death; if death gets out of hand, life shall bring create anew. If life gets out of hand, death shall strike it down to recreate balance."