Cripple: Chapter Seven(part two) - pic of Ava and Bella

Start from the beginning

"Hey Jesse. ", she answered and laughed as Amber mouthed "Prince Charming"

"Hey Bethie girl, sounds like you're having fun. Where are you? Class is over."

"I'm out on the football field with Amber."

"Thank God! When I couldn't find you I thought Ashley and Erika had you again."

"Sorry Jesse, I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's okay Bethie. Stay there. I'll see you in a minute.

***

"Awe Jesse, you're so sweet!" Amber said as she watched Jesse lift Elizabeth gently from her wheelchair and into his truck. Elizabeth blushed and Jesse winked at Amber as he went to load Elizabeth's chair into the truck bed.

Amber followed behind him. She had a plan.

"Do you like Elizabeth as more then a friend?", she asked Jesse.

Jesse blushed and that was all the Amber needed, "Be patient with her then. Oh, and when you get in the truck "accidentally" pocket dial her phone". She smiled sneakily and got in the back seat of the truck.

"Sullivan's Grocery, right?", Jesse asked as he climbed in the driver's seat a few minutes later. Since Amber didn't have a car and Sullivan's was on the way to Skyler's daycare they were giving her a ride to work.

Amber nodded and Jesse reached in his pocket to get his keys and quickly hit the"Redial" button on his phone before Elizabeth could notice. Seconds later "Take My Breath Away" began playing.

"What the..? Jesse, you're calling me.", Elizabeth said with out even taking her phone out much less checking to see who it was. Her cheeks were turning bright red.

"Stupid phone.", Jesse said as he hit the "End" button on his phone, " it's always pocket dialing." He looked at Amber from the rear view mirror, she had an "I told you so." look on her face. Jesse winked back at her.

"Do you mind if we make another stop before we pick Skyler up?", Jesse asked after they'd dropped Amber of at work. He was still smiling over the little "pocket dialing" trick they'd pulled on Elizabeth. She'd changed her ringtone since the closet incident. Jesse wondered if the song meant that she liked him too. His Bethie had a secret behind those brown eyes of hers but he would have patience and maybe she would tell him in time.

"No. Thats fine Jesse.", she replied, "Oh, I forgot to tell you, the library doesn't need me today, so I can come with you and Sky to practice. If you don't mind."

Jesse pulled his trucked into the parking lot of Blue Ribbon Sporting Goods. "I don't mind at all Bethie." He went into the store and came out minutes later with a huge bag. He smiled climbed in the truck and started the engine, "Now to go get my little buddy."

****

"And then Ethan said I was too little to play football but you should've seen his face when he saw Jesse."

Skyler had been a little annoyed about a "girl crashing guy's day" but he got over it quickly and had been talking non-stop as usual.

"You're still growing Skyler, I was small when I was your age too.", Jesse assured him.

"Jesse I really like your truck.", "Sissy, do you think Daddy will buy me a truck just this when I grow up?", Skyler asked excitedly.

Jesse and Elizabeth both laughed and Elizabeth said, "Maybe Sky, but you have to behave and take your naps every day until then."

"Okay Sissy, I can do that.", Sky replied.