Chapter 18 Part One

"I wonder what everyone will say?", Elizabeth asked with her head still on Jesse's chest. It seemed they hadn't moved in hours and that was just fine with them both.

"Everyone already knows Bethie. Only you were too blind to see how much I love you." Jesse told her grinning.

"I just though you were being nice. I never would have expected this."

Jesse kissed her gently. "Well get used to it Bethie."

Just then Clint came riding up on his Gator ATV. Elizabeth started to move out of Jesse's embrace but he just tightened his arms around her.

"Hey Gramps, what's going on?", Jesse asked.

"Grandma, wants you kids back at the house to meet Dixie and the kids."

"We'll be right there."

"Welcome to the family Song Bird", Clint told Elizabeth with a wink.

***

Everyone was sitting on the porch when Jesse reigned Scarlett into the yard. Including a young blonde women, a little boy and a little girl that Elizabeth guessed was Dixie and her children.

"Where you guys go off to?" Ryan grinned.

"Jeeze guys, can't a man get alone time with his girlfriend?" Jesse asked.

"GIRLFRIEND?!", Stefanie, Rachel and Sarah exclaimed looking questionably to Elizabeth.

Elizabeth nodded while Jesse kissed her cheek making her blush in front of everyone.

"Don't move you two." Stef said and ran inside, returning with Elizabeth's camera and insisted on taking several different shots of the couple on horseback.

***

After Stef was please with the pictures, Jesse carried Elizabeth back to her chair and they joined everyone else on the huge porch.

"Elizabeth it's so nice to finally meet you sweetie. I'm Dixie." The blonde women said and came over hugging her.

Elizabeth returned the hug. "Nice to meet you too."

The little brown haired, blue eyed boy came up to Elizabeth. He looked adorable in his denim overalls green shirt and cowboy boots, all of which where splattered with mud. "Hi I'm

Brent. I'm four years old. You got a chair like my Papa Steve. Can I have a ride?"

"Me too! Me too!", cried a brown eyed brown hair little girl in a denim skirt and white cotton T-shirt.

"That's my sister, Brynlee. She's almost two." Brent told Elizabeth.

Elizabeth smiled. "Well hi to you both and yes you both may have a ride."

Brent smiled and climbed on Elizabeth's lap. "You're very pretty."

Jesse laughed and teased Brent. "Brent Andrew, are you flirting with my girlfriend?"

***

"Elizabeth these are incredible!", Dixie exclaimed as she looked at the pictures in Elizabeth's portfolio.

Elizabeth was at the kitchen table beside Jesse. The kids had insisted that the two play with silly puddly with them.

"Thanks. I'm not that great at it though."

"They are amazing. How much would you charge me to do a session with the kids."

Elizabeth's eyes widened in surprise. "I'm really no professional. It's just a hobby."

"Elizabeth you're amazing and the kids love you please do it."

"Yeah Bethie, do it.", Jesse chimed in from where he was helping Brent make Spongebob out of the the putty.

Elizabeth was silent for a minute. "Well okay I'll do it. Just gave me a call when you want to set it up."

***

Later that evening after a teary eyed Brent and Brynlee had gone home, everyone including, Clint and Sarah got ready for the bonfire. While the guys went up to the pond to build the fire and set up, the girls were getting food ready in the kitchen. All except from Elizabeth who had been banished to the living room.

"Guys, let me help."she said from her seat on the couch.

"You just sit there and relax like your man said.", Stefanie called from the kitchen

Before the men had left, Jesse had picked her up and placed her on the couch and cuddled her up in an afghan with strict instructions to relax until he came back.

Elizabeth still couldn't believe what had happened. Jesse loved her. He exactly loved her. Mr. Popularity loved the Cripple. She knew that he had never seen the wheel chair when he looked at her but she was amazed he wanted to be with her. She was scared yes, she'd that Jesse would change his mind but she'd just decided to live day by day.

She was so lucky. Jesse's family was wonderful and so welcoming. Dixie was so bright and Elizabeth was astounded by Dixie's faith in her photography. Brent and Brynlee were adorable. Elizabeth smiled as she thought of the possibility of having her own angel faced baby one day.

She jumped a little when she heard Jesse whisper in her ear. "Penny for your thoughts?"

"Oh hey, I didn't hear you come in.", Elizabeth smiled.

"Everything is ready and every one is waiting for you. They walked up but we are taking the Gator.",Jesse said as he gently lifted Beth into his arms.

"Jesse aren't you forgetting something?" She asked as he started for the door.

"What?"

"My chair.", she asked

Jesse pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead "Trust me. You won't need it."