Cripple: Chapter Four(pic of Ryan)

The stadium parking lot was jam packed with cars and trucks decked out in blue and white streamers and windows with things like "Warrior Country"and "This is war" wrote on them. Once they were parked, Ryan winked at Jesse and Stef and ran to the field. "What was that about?", Elizabeth asked looking at them both. "Nothing." they said hiding grins.

Elizabeth could feel every eye in the parking lot on them as Jesse lifted her into her chair. He could feel the uneasiness in her body and  Jesse looked right in her eyes and said, "Don't worry about them Beth." She could only nod. Wow he had gorgeous eyes.

Ryan came running back to them. "Coach says its okay man. " he told Jesse.

"Great." Jesse replied. Elizabeth looked confused so he explained, " I figured it would be hard for you to sit on the hard bleachers and since the stadium doesn't have a wheelchair section, I asked Coach if you and Stef could be on the side lines with us. Stef can sit on the bench with the team and you'll be able to have the comfort of your chair plus have a good view of the game.", he ran a hand through his hair, seeming nervous, "Is that alright?"

Elizabeth was stunned. Jesse had done all that for her?

Before she could stop herself, she put her arms around Jesse's neck and pulled him down and hugged him. Jesse wrapped both arms around her and hugged back breathing in her smell. Strawberries. He knew a ton of people were watching but he didn't care. He wanted to hold her and not let go.  

The moment was broken when he felt Ryan slap him gently on the back and say, "Sorry bro, but we gotta get to the field. Twenty minutes until kick off."

Jesse straightened pulling out of the hug but he was grinning so big dimples formed on his cheeks.

Elizabeth was smiling too, " Thanks for doing all this for me Jesse."

"Anytime Bethie.". He bent down and kissed her cheek " For good luck.", he said with a wink and turned to Stefanie, who was kissing Ryan.

"Take care of her for me Stef.", Jesse told her seriously.

" Yeah Jesse, as if I'll let her get kidnapped or something." Stef got a sneaky grin on her face. "I'm just gonna glam her up a bit so the whole team is drooling." She winked at Jesse and said," C'mon Elizabeth. "

As he watched the girls head to the bathrooms Jesse looked at Ryan and said, "Stef better not mess my girl up. "

" Your girl?", Ryan asked, "Bro, Elizabeth's great but you know people will talk because she's in a wheelchair. Are you ready of that? Have you thought about what being with her means?"

Jesse looked right in Ryan's eyes and said without hesitation, " Let people talk. I don't care what they think and whatever Beth needs I'll be by her side. Elizabeth Morgan is mine. She just doesn't know it yet".

***

" Elizabeth, you look amazing!", Stefanie said excitedly.

Elizabeth looked at herself in the full length mirror. She did look nice. They'd switched her polo shirt for Jesse's jersey, which was huge but still looked cute, and her Converse sneakers for blue ballet flats. Stefanie had straightened Elizabeth's hair and applied just enough make up to her face.

"Thanks for fixing me up Stef. Thank goodness the game is delayed because of the other teams stuck in traffic or we couldn't have done this."

Just then Erika and Ashlee walked in. Their eyes widened when they saw Elizabeth wearing Jesse's jersey.

"Why are you wearing Jesse's jersey?, Ashlee asked with glaring eyes.

"He gave it to me", Elizabeth replied.

Awe, Ash that's sweet. Jesse is giving the cripple charity", she laughed, " it's probably my old one he gave me last year."

They'd called her a cripple again but this time she wouldn't cry. Instead she sarcastically replied, " I doubt this was your shirt but if it was, I bet it looks better on me anyway".

The blonde bitches were stunned so Stefanie decided to add her own two sense in and said, "I know good and well Jesse never slept with either of you. He can't stand you two so keep dreaming. Oh and he spent the day with Elizabeth and rode to the game with me, Ryan and Jesse".

Erika and Ashlee just stood there speechless.

The finall blow was dealt when Elizabeth text tone went off and she shoved the phone in their faces.

From: Jesse 

Games about to start. I miss you Bethie.  

Ashlee and Erika left the bathroom pouting and Elizabeth and Stef laughed all the way to the side lines.

Jesse was stunned when he saw Beth making her way to him along with Stef. She looked so damn cute in that jersey. She was beautiful before but now...now she was a knock out.

"Hey, you look great. What's so funny?", he asked when she parked her chair beside him at the end the bench.

"Oh just had a nice little chat with Ashlee and Erika.", she answered giving Stef a knowing smile.

"Are they hassling you?" Jesse had a look of worry on his face.

Elizabeth shook her head and said " Jesse, I gotta tell you though, I don't understand football."

Jesse laughed, "Its easy. Just cheer when I have the ball."

"I can do that". Elizabeth said grinning.