Cripple: Chapter Five(pic of Stefanie)

The Warriors won the game and although she didn't understand it, Elizabeth cheered every time Jesse had the ball. When Jesse wasn't on the field he'd sit and talk with her while still watching the game. Jesse was clearly good at football. He moved with speed but was also in a sense graceful.

Stef was right about the team liking her make over. A few of them whistled at her but one look from Jesse and they stopped. Elizabeth laughed but she was a little embarrassed as well.

By half time, Elizabeth was beginning to think Ashlee and Erika's faces were going to freeze in a permanent scowl. They had apparently recruited the rest of the cheerleaders because they all were scowling. Ashlee even had the nerve to come over to them and and sit on Jesse's lap while he wasn't on the field!

"Hey Jess", she'd said in her fake little "I'm trying to be sexy" voice.

Elizabeth Was too stunned to speak but Jesse immediately pushed Ashlee off of him and said in a voice filled with disgust, " Ashlee, this Is the last time I will say this, you and Erika had better leave me alone. I want nothing to do with either of you! Stop hassling Elizabeth too."

Ashlee started to protest so Jesse turned to Coach Gibson for help and Coach had Ashlee escorted out of the stadium for unbecoming conduct and the cheer coach put her on restriction.

Elizabeth was feeling pretty down after the whole Ashlee drama and tried not to show it but Stef could tell something was wrong as they watched Jesse and Ryan play the last few minutes of game, " Don't worry about Ashlee. Jesse hates her." She told Elizabeth.

" Stef, Jesse and I are just friends.", Elizabeth replied simply.

The buzzer signaling  the end of the game sounded,  just as Jesse ran to the in zone scoring yet another touchdown. Elizabeth watched as all the Warriors ran over slapping him on the back and giving high fives. Stef ran on the field and threw herself in to Ryan's arms and said, "Way to go Ry!", before kissing him.

Before she realized it, Jesse had her in his arms and was spinning her around smiling. "That was awesome Jesse.", Elizabeth told him. He was sweaty and covered in dirt and grass but she didn't care. She forgot about all the drama with the blonde bitches the second Jesse pulled her in his arms.  

Jesse kissed her cheek and said, "See told ya, you're my own good luck charm. He flashed her a dazzling smile.

Elizabeth looked in to his eyes and thought, I'm already falling for him. Remember what Eric did to you. Keep your guard up. Keep it strictly friends. Why would a star football player like a cripple? He is just being nice because you're his new neighbor. 

As Jesse placed her gently back in her chair, Ryan and Stefanie were coming toward them. Ryan had his arm tightly around Stef's waist, "Time to hit the showers bro, Mason Crawford is throwing a victory party at his dad's hunting cabin."

Jesse had a look of distaste on his face as he said, "Ry, you know I hate parties and it's Monday for crying out loud.", he turned to Elizabeth, "unless you wanna go Beth."

Elizabeth gave Jesse a knowing smile, "I'm not much for parties Ryan and its almost 9. I have to take a muscle relaxer at 10 and its so strong it puts me to sleep." The game had started at 6:15 instead of 5 like expected. She knew he didn't usually like parties because he'd told her earlier but, she didn't want Jesse to feel obligated not to go because of her so she looked at Jesse and said, " You could drop me off and then go Jesse".

Jesse smiled and said, "Not this time Ry. Time to hit the showers." Then he turned to Elizabeth and Stefanie and said, "Stef could you show Beth to my truck and load her chair in the bed? It's not heavy at all and me and Ry will meet you in the parking lot after we wash up. That way I can get Beth home on time for her meds.